Skip to content

Discuss This Sykes secures first dry WSB win at Monza World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Sykes secures first dry WSB win at Monza

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Sykes secures first dry WSB win at Monza

Kawasaki man Tom Sykes secured his maiden WSB win in dry conditions in a shortened second race at Monza today. The 27 year old who started on the front row made a blistering start and was never headed during the shortened eight lap race.With a clear track, Sykes lapped over a second faster than his rivals and enjoyed a massive...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 May 2012 16:13)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Congrats

Thanks to Tom Sykes for putting on a show! Noone wanted to be on the green bike but he has shown what persistance can do. I cant wait until Kaw can get the tire manangement thing down and push for the championship. I wish it was a dry race being that Monza is one of my favorite tracks. Sykes rode like a man on a mission. He rides angry and I love it. This is the best class of bike racing!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
arqueturus

Jun 07

arqueturus says:

The real winner...

Of the Monza Superbike weekend was Checa. I like him, I've always liked him but he must be doing cartwheels in the reduction of points lost because of the weather.

Reply to this Topic
Bikeaholic

Aug 02

Bikeaholic says:

Pansies

What a bunch of Prima Donnas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the meeting in Monza and these pathetic SBK riders should take a leave out the riders of the other classes that had the same (if not worse) conditions that day but gave the paying fans what hey came for. Few drops of rain and "OH NO CAN'T RIDE IN THIS" Hope you heard all the whistles and booing...because it was for you.

Reply to this Topic
RSV4Andy

May 12

RSV4Andy says:

Monza

First off congrats to Sykesy he deserved the win as he was destroying the field but like him those of us who travelled to Monza were disgusted with the days racing.  First race yes it was understandable why it was cancelled but the second well that was just a joke.  We were sat at Variante at the end of the start straight the junior cup was cancelled the second WSB race started late through no reason whilst the track was dry and the sun was out, the passionate Italian crowd wistling and booing, the race starts and then there is a few drops of rain you are talking 2 or 3 seconds worth and then a few of the riders started putting there hands up.  To tell you the truth I was gobsmacked that even Haslam was one of them, Syksey's body language said it all after the red flag he was disgusted.  It was the local riders that started raising their hands and it took no time at all for it to be red flagged.  If the race had continued there would have been no problems for the riders as the rain did not come for anothe 25 minutes at least.  Would I go to Italy again no would I go to Monza again not if you paid me, cause you just don't know if you are going to see a race.  The cost of travel to Monza, the £75 ticket and for what to watch two support races and half a WSB race and then the 1000 mile drive home what a waste of a weekend.  Will I invest in WSB again very doubtfull if as a spectator you have to pay to watch Pirelli make a muck up and can't get fresh tyres from 20 miles away and the officials to cancel a perfectly good race in reasonable conditions.  Or maybe it got cancelled cause it was a Brit leading and the Italians were dropping back, who knows but it was a joke. 

One very disgrntled spectator.

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

the page coverage for sykes winning in mcn was shit ! ..waited a long time for kawasaki to start winning and they get minimal coverage ...not the favoured brit though is he mcn and its not a honda hey guys ! seems abit biased if ya ask me

Reply to this Topic
Bikeaholic

Aug 02

Bikeaholic says:

BSB from now on!

Spot on Andy......was at Ascari and the local fans applauded Sykes every time he rode by, even on the slowing down lap, but made their feelings known with whistling and booing as the outclassed heroes of WSBK like Biaggi rode by after they forced the red flag. Nice to see Foggy again and the awesome display of winning bikes of the passed in the exhibition hall.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Class above the field.

Just downloaded the race last night.

All I can say is, lucky they stopped the race when they did, otherwise Sykesey would have lapped the whole field.

Reply to this Topic
alansbrown

May 12

alansbrown says:

Too little, too late

Infront have annouced on 18 May:

"In any case, in order to fulfill the thoughts of all of our fans, Infront Motor Sports in agreement with the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza has decided to allow free Paddock admission for Sunday in the 2013 Monza event to all those who present a coupon valid for Sunday or a three-day admission ticket of the 2012 Superbike race."

Does anyone understand what this actually means?  And how does this help people like me who went to Monza but threw their ticket away in disgust after the fiasco?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices