Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

Sticking a leg out

Sorry if this is a daft question but I've often wondered,

whats the deal with the guys racing sticking there leg out when braking?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 May 2012 19:39)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zx12rbadassisnowzx6rbadass

Sep 11

i lied here is the link

http://forums.superbikeschool.com/index.php?showtopic=1206&st=80 yey i just discovered browser history ha ha ha:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

I thought I'd heard

a simpler explanation that these  -  drag. ever stuck your hand out of the window of your Dad's car at 70 on the motorway?

Stick yer leg out at 100mph +  and it creates a shed load of drag thus assisting the bike to slow down. Just means they can leave their braking a few meters later.

That's what I heard anyhow  -  great conspiracy / head game though....:winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

supermoto

sm riders do it alot dont they?

your not supposed to do it on the road

Reply to this Topic
oslo1

May 12

oslo1 says:

air resistence

its gotta be to do with air resistence as when tucked in the air is flowing round them. they then stick a leg out into a corner causing air resistence to push back on their leg and so slowing that side of the bike down more on that side allowing the turn to occur quicker. it could also be to do with it breaks the air around the rider on a particular side causing an area of low pressure on the side where the drag is occuring effectivly sucking the bike into the corner. id aimagine it would only really have any impact at higher speeds which could be why if you do it on the road it wont make you faster just a little stupid. sorry about the bad english heres some punctuation so you can insert when you need to. ,,,,,,,,,,,,.....,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............;;;;

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Air brake.

The air brake idea sounds good but wouldn't its effect would be easily measurable and thus no mystery. Also, surely it would have been used long ago before brakes were as effective as they are now. Riders already stick the knee out well in advance, which would have a similar rudder and airbrake effect.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices