You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > s plate 600 bandit

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

robert82

Apr 11

robert82 says:

s plate 600 bandit

hi guys, need some help if possible, i just bought my bandit from a friend who had it in a garage for 5 month. he says it had been fully serviced and carbs cleaned and balanced. however when riding home about 10 mile after set of the bike suddenly lost power and cut off. after 15 mins it started again and i got another half mile down the road only for the same to happen again. after leaving overnight it still only gives half a mile before cutting out. anyone any ideas a m8 says it could be the coils??? i'm stuck please help:unsure::unsure::unsure: i have no experiance fixing bikes and tech jargon just adds to the confusion lol

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 May 2012 20:17)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

Could be the tank

breather is kinked from them having the tank off when servicing the carbs try opening the petrol cap when it breaks down if it starts its probably a vaccum building in the tank as the breathers blocked. Check all the hoses are free and unkinked going to tank

Reply to this Topic
robert82

Apr 11

robert82 says:

cheers

i'll check just now thanx

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Garaged for 5 months

carbs may have been cleaned / balanced, but have you tried fresh fuel and a new fuel filter?

Reply to this Topic
robert82

Apr 11

robert82 says:

nope not that

all pipes and hoses under the tank look good no twists or kinks. i should also say that it idels fine the problem only appears when riding.

Reply to this Topic
robert82

Apr 11

robert82 says:

fuel not filter

fresh fuel yeah but not got filter yet. its on order. my m8 says the spark from the ht leads is very weak

Reply to this Topic
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

have you took the tank off to have alook

as somtimes you cant tell without it off also the chokes not jammed on or somthing daft and when its getting warm the rich mixtures killing it. Although i would expect it to be idling fast a startup also when it dies open people cap see if it starts

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
robert82

Apr 11

robert82 says:

yeah

it was all unbolted so i could feel the leads to see if they were hot. so i just jumped out and lifted it again and eveything looks ok there. choke works perfectly idle speed increases when lever is pulled down then returns to 1200 rpm when pushed back up. when bike is idling you'd think there was nothing wrong. problem seems to be only when riding.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Try taking

spark plugs out and see what colour they are.

What state is your battery / alternator / reg/rec in?

Reply to this Topic
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

My limited knowledge ends

there i know the bandit had carbs heater prone to failing could it be them and carb icing with the particularly cold weather were having. I not however sure if this would cause the problems other more knowledgable people will.

Reply to this Topic
robert82

Apr 11

robert82 says:

cheers

plugs will have to wait till tomorow as i dont have socket set here. the battery is fully charged and sounds healthy when bike is starting. the lights are bright and everything seems ok with that as for alternator rectifier and regulator i wouldn't know where to begin:unsure::unsure:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle