You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Ninja 250r rear tyre size

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

asoe209

May 12

asoe209 says:

Ninja 250r rear tyre size

General question about putting bigger tyres on a  ninja 250r. 

I understand they they come with 130's and i have seen some videos and  forum post of people putting up to 150's on the rear. 

Now I wonder will it make much difference to put a 140 tyre on the rear and what effect if any this will make to the bike.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 May 2012 23:50)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

tyres

Welcome asoe209,you are talking tyre widths and not diameter,if you modify your bike trying to get it to go faster your ins company should be informed,if not you could be without ins.

What tyre size are you thinking?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Tyre sizes

The recommended tyre sizes for your bike are the recommended sizes because that's what works best on your machine.  I would suggest that you stick to the original sizes.  Kawasaki and tyre manufacturers put a lot of research (and spend a lot of money) into this area and it is resonable to assume that they have come up with the best solution.

You don't say why you are wanting to put a wider-section tyre on your bike but if you are expecting it to give you better handling it won't.  A wider tyre may give you some extra stability but this will be at the expense of making the machine slower to turn.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
asoe209

May 12

asoe209 says:

tyre

to be honest the size change would not be for performance reasons but more for the look of it. 

the back tyre looks thin to me which is why i wonder if a bigger one would effect any thing. 

I was only thinking of going with a 140 rather than the stock 130. 

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

TYRE SIZE

NINJA 250R.

My Mrs has a 250r. and I know which vid you've seen that say a 150 will fit. IT DOESN'T.  the widest you'll get is a 140, the standard 130 rubber on the 250r is absolute rubbish.  it's the first thing you should bin when you get your bike..you'll be amazed at the difference. the second thing, bin the heavy exhaust, I found a Two Brothers system on ebay, and it sounds NAUGHTY..(check utube-250r two brothers..oooh!)...next she wants is a change in suspension, but at £850 + for an ohlins system, she'll have to wait.

(just found this on another site: Front tire: Pirelli Supercorsa SC1 (110)
Rear tire: Pirelli Rosso II (140)

(there's alot you can do with them, because in countries like Indonesia, any bike above 250cc, gets a wopping 200% tax upon upon purchase !!.  Many will say, why bother, just get a bigger bike?...but wor lass loves her 250r..and being so small, she has trouble riding owt different)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

suspension

Just get the OE suspension reworked by someone like MTC in Suffolk.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices