Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: Stoner is in another league MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: Stoner is in another league

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: Stoner is in another league

British rider Cal Crutchlow believes it will be tough for Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa to wrestle the MotoGP title away from Casey Stoner in 2012 based on the reigning world champion's recent victories in Jerez and Estoril. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider reckons the Aussie is ‘in another league at the minute’ after Stoner triumphed with a brilliant...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 May 2012 09:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

benny.

yes they are, good info btw i heard the exact info as said by you said by parrish on bbc2, not by choice tho only because eurosport did not show the race live!!

what do you make of ellison's kick out and byrne in then?? paul says only for one round but im not so sure.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

benny hedgehog

I didn't mean I hadn't followed your arguments re dovi on here, just that I wasn't presenting myself as an authority with verifiable knowledge of his  contractual situation for this year.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner doesn't win from behind

Donnington park 2007, 7th at the end of the 1st lap, further back earlier in that lap, to first. Also odd that a rider so dependent on bike advantage does so well in the wet, as opposed to every other rider in history who has been good in the wet.

I would take the opinions of edwards and cal ahead of yours smilo996, and also the opinion of carlo pernat who having once had similar opinions to yours after seeing valentino on the bike would now attribute faults he had previously seen in stoner entirely to the ducati bike. Then there is the small matter of your boy barely managing to get the ducati within 2 seconds of stoner's pace at the same track 2 days later in the post season test in 2010.

Also the 5th most premier class gp wins in history, closing rapidly on mike hailwood for 4th, mostly on a ducati for whom the most prolific premier class winner in history seems unlikely to win a race. I will concede the possibility in  logic that he is not really that good, but in that case hailwood and rossi probably aren't any good either, the whole sport is a fraud, and there is little point following or caring about it. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

what do you make of ellison's kick out and byrne in then?? paul says only for one round but im not so sure.

That was refuted a couple of days ago by Bird (following the original statement by him....) but MCN have only just picked up on it - now  a new story on its own

Byrne isn't riding.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Is it Sign-on day?

What is this - the MCN Dedicated Benny (Hill) forum?.... You seem to have a lot of time on your hands pal.  If your man melon head is a higher class - why is Cal beating him 2-1?  I dont' get what a broken collar bone has to do with it.  Half the field have plate & screws in their shoulders, legs etc (inc. Cal).  Respect both for their talent (no-one wins on looks).  Let's just hope for close racing all season.  

Bultoboy, agreed- I just read on MotoGP site that Ellison is racing at Le Mans.  Birdy said he was resting him to Tweet.  That's not a good message for the team (to all the other CRT teams) letting know disdane between manager and rider either way.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Benny (Hill)

How are you able to listen to your tenants music?  Do you live in the same apartment block or just wander past on your way to the post office?  How do you know I have an elipitical shaped head, that was a lucky guess, right?

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Good work!

Not only an accurate GP pundit, but an astute businessman.  All bundled up with a profile pic snapped in the most affluent area you could find.  Given social media proves nada, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.  I love an opinionated fella.  It's why we're all here.  Now light up that Marlboro, the fun's just starting.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Bleedin eck

I'm not the world's biggest stoner fan, but you can't criticise him for winning. And as for saying his overtaking is boring just because he made it look stupidly easy, that's just crazy. I know where you're coming from smilo, I watch bike racing for the passing and overtaking too. But don't hold stoner accountable, it's the guys who can't keep up that are to blame!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

smilo

yeah i remember laguna 2009,,,,,that was when stoner was battling wheel to wheel with rossi on the yamaha for the lead,,,,,,,,,when rossi is battling wheel to wheel on the duke for the lead let me know....cheers

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

smilo

i`ve just read your comment further down......u really are a twat.......it`s totally the bike is it?..well how come this total winner of a bike has not won more than 3/4 races in a season since 2003....in fact yamaha probably  won more races in 2010 than honda had from 2003-2010....stoner is amazing even the other riders say so......but u and the rest of the fanatic rossi fans obviousy know better as u must be the one sniffing his exhaust fumes week in week out eh?  prat

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices