Skip to content

Discuss This Aprilia SR Motard 50 and 125 revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Aprilia SR Motard 50 and 125 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Aprilia SR Motard 50 and 125 revealed

Aprilia has unveiled the new 50cc and 125cc SR Motard scooters. Scooters inspired by supermotos. The SR Motard 125 is powered by a 124cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine and costs £2,120. The smaller, 50cc version is powere by a 49cc two-stroke engine and will costs £1,770. Both models will be available in white, black or metallic orange paint schemes. For the launch of the new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 May 2012 12:56)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

In my humble opinion this actually looks worse than the outgoing SR50...

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Where is the RS4 250 ????

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

One for the young 'uns, i think, but I like it  :o)

Aprilia was short of a sporty looking 125, anyway..

Reply to this Topic
KWAKZ750S

Aug 08

KWAKZ750S says:

sr50

Had the old 2003 model SR50, much better looking than this.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

My Sister........

owned a honda express once....I rode it. Sorry I just had to get that off my chest. Whats with the youth of today ? why are they riding these scooters what has gone wrong ? Why are most bikers in their 40's ?

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

As scooters go they're OK, but styling inspired by super motards? In what way. It's just run of the mill scooter styling. It's PR BS and as usual MCN are printing it.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

SNEV

Most bikers are in their forties because bikes are expensive aspirational toys. Look at the difference in price between a sports 50 or 125 and a scooter of the same capacity, you'll be looking at 50% more for the bike than the scooter. Bikes to use as practical transport are few and far between. As such you can't buy the basic small bikes that we used to buy, but that's not the fault of the manufacturers. The manufacturers build what people want to buy. Mainly though, bikes just aren't fashionable among the youth of today. at least in the UK. Sure they probably think something like an RSV4 is cool, but that's not going to make them pay three grand for an RS4 50. It's certainly not going to make their parents pay out three grand. It might make them look at an RSV4 and think "I'll get one of those when I can afford it." And they can't afford it until they are in their forties.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices