Skip to content

Ask an Expert First time on a bike and messed it up! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > First time on a bike and messed it up!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ecafisac

May 12

ecafisac says:

First time on a bike and messed it up!

went down to my local riding school this afternoon to be assessed on my skill and readiness for CBT. Well, suiting up and climbing astride the centres Yamaha YBR 125, I felt pretty good..... then we had to pull away and I messed it up! too much throttle, bike bunny hopping and not stopping ....arrrgghhh I was so mad! especially since the rider next to me, took to it like a natural... felt clumsy, foolish and dumb! ( my heart was racing and I know I wasn't relaxed)

But... the dream to ride a cruiser lives on.... I just need to get my head together and CALM DOWN....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 May 2012 14:47)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

A laugh

would have been me at my first CBT. I was shit...

You know what to do, so practice on your own getting the clutch, brake and so on all working together. You just need to sit on a chair and work it all out. When you've got it all going smoothly you'll be ready to face the real thing again and as you'll have the coordination right you'll be able to concentrate on how much clutch you need, etc.

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

As Phil Says, sit on a chair & practice

with your eyes shut, and try to 'see' the situation in your mind. Helped me a number of times with various problems I had in one of my sports. Was totaly free instead of £30 at time doing it 'for real'

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I can just see

all you lot inyour living rooms sat on a chair:shock:

i think my drivinf test was worse, failed twice. my dad used to take me for lessons and take the newspaper with him so he didn't have to look!!

Seriously tho, can't comment on the new teast but i did a refresher course 12 years ago as i'd been off quite a few years.  i actually did what was expected on a real test on the road and boy, so many things to think about. no wonder it's daunting.

my problem was having to do so many life savers, how i didn't hit someone up the chuff is beyond me.

from others on here with more and recent experience it's about how to pass the test, i think the most dangerous is just after passing. staying alive comes with experience a lot of the time.

so glad i gained mine when the roads had horse and carts on it.

it will come just give it time

Reply to this Topic
banditman2010

Jan 11

guilty feeling

an instructer and a learner pulled out side my house they where off there bikes and chatting most probley about learning stuff. so i took it upon my self to enquire if he does advanced riding courses, as i was crossing the road to them helmets where going on, i the learner got on his bike and started it up while i was talking and getting a card off him he got on his bike and i crossed back to my house as i got half way across the road i heard high revs turned round and the learner shot off bunny hopping feet down on loor wobbling all over the place i felt so guilty hoping it wasnt me that had put him off. reminded me of me as i was alway riding like that in me younger days but now i love it. dont let it put you off once you settle you wont look back at that untill a fair few years after and it becomes one of those stories to tell the gran kidds:lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices