Skip to content

Ask an Expert Touring Spain & Portugal Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Touring Spain & Portugal

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oddjob183882

Jun 10

oddjob183882 says:

Touring Spain & Portugal

Hi everybody! :biggrin:

I've just booked the ferries for my 2012 tour & would very much appreciate any advice.

The outward ferry is Plymouth to Santander & the return Santander to Plymouth.

I'll be going in August for three weeks; just me, a bike (my old Triumph for a change) & tent.

I don't usually follow a set route & prefer to just ride & see where a road may take me. However, although lots of squiggly lines on a map can often be a good indication of twisties, it would be a shame if I was to miss something truly outstanding!

In 2010, I toured for two weeks & caught the ferry to Bilbao & spent the first week in Northern Spain. I rode through the Picos de Europa to Leon & then looped back to Jaca & then over the Pyrenees into France & caught the return ferry from Calais.

In 2011, I toured for three weeks & caught the ferry to Bilbao once again, but immediately turned left & headed up to Biarritz. I then followed the Pyrenees lengthways down to Menton, then took the Route Grand Alps up to Switzerland, then the Black Forest, Luxembourg, Belgium & France. I caught the usual return ferry from Calais.

I look forward to hearing from you! :biggrin:

Bye for now & ride safe!        

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 May 2012 23:41)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Paul985

May 12

Paul985 says:

Touring

Hi there..

If on your travels you come down Malaga way give me a shout and the dorr will be open for a cup of tea or something stronger,perhaps a rideout too..

Paul  :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices