Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

Valentino Rossi has moved quickly to dismiss reports claiming the Italian star was going to retire at the end of 2012. A report in today’s Daily Telegraph claimed Rossi would retire at the end of his second season with Ducati, or even quit before the end of the campaign because of his failure to make the Desmosedici a competitive force in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 10:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'm sure deep down he's considered it..

The idea the Stoner would make a return on the Ducati maybe isn't as far fetched as it sounds. The powers that be at Ducati know he can win on that bike, and I'm sure his standing within the paddock would greatly enhance any financial package offered to him. He could go in with a request for an astronomical sum, and more than likely get it. If he were to start putting the bike on the podium, in one fail swoop he'd cement his reputation for ever, whilst at the same time rubbing the noses of his detractors well andy truly in the brown stuff. It's got to have crossed his mind...

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

stoner and ducati

there is no way casey will ever return to ducati,each year results deterioated and he finally left the sinking ship...mind you if he went back his he would prove he isnt  a goat..

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

neilf, re: Paragraphs

I suspect you are using a Mac of some sort. To achieve some sort of paragraph structure to your posts I have found you only have 2 options. One is to create a break using underscores. _____ As shown or the more labour intensive version.

Write your post. Submit then wait a couple of minutes and click on your profile name to take you to your account details. On the right side will be your most recent posts. Click on your post, it will take a minute to open depending on how long the thread is. Below the text box you will have a box labeled "Edit". Click this and look for your paragraph breaks and insert the spaces using enter/return. You will also be able to use bold, italics, fonts, and colours here as well. When finised go to the bottom of the text box and click "submit" and job done.

Ciao...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rossi to retire?

Personally i hope he does.

He's been there, seen it and done it. Talk of him coming back on a Coke Yam etc etc makes many, many people feel good but the fact remains that he's not the fastest on the grid anymore. The games over and it's time to move on.  

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

If CS retires because he has nothing left to proove, it will show that he isn't a true racing fan. Other riders who have gone on into their mid to late 30s have done so because of their love of racing.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Firebird

Go to bed.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

No talk of ditching the racing

Just of not getting involved in the racing bit much, if at all. The notion of VAG pouring XXX amount of Euros into Ducati Corse is more romantic than logical. Forget VAG, just call it Auto Union for a moment and then talk about racing. Auto Union is racing. The similarities between Lamborghini and Ducati are many and the model that worked for Lamborghini will work for Ducati but with bonuses Lamborghini couldn't match offset some by their higher premiums. ie Ducati make multi-market bikes and Lamborghini don't.

It is however highly probable that all the bonuses of the day job feed into the shopfront weekend hobby but that won't happen for a while. It's agreed that Corse is more attached to the parent company than HRC say but VAG have arrived to save Ducati S.P.A first and foremost. The good stuff will trickle across but it won't be vast sums of money.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Looking forward to Marquez mixing it with the aliens.

I'm pretty sure rookies aren't currently allowed to ride for a full factory outfit so what's the plan? Satellite team or a rule change? I know which I'd prefer to see. Dani Pedrosa may not be quite so keen...

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Not rising to that one.

Sorry.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

acanada46

Ye , i dont think stoner is a G.O.A.T = Gullible Of All Time .

Back to team Duck......i dont think so .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices