Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

Valentino Rossi has moved quickly to dismiss reports claiming the Italian star was going to retire at the end of 2012. A report in today’s Daily Telegraph claimed Rossi would retire at the end of his second season with Ducati, or even quit before the end of the campaign because of his failure to make the Desmosedici a competitive force in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 10:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

you dont say!

Wow, that rumor was BS?!? I did not see that coming, figured those journos were spot-on since they knew the facts with absolute certainty... oh wait. Oh hey Ducati? It might be about time to pull your heads out of your pretentious assholes and get that bike sorted.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Future

Valentino - I agree with mike27s post about Vals options.It all depends on wether he & Ducati can get the results they are looking for.Podium positions & top 6 I would imagine on a regular basis with 3rd or 4th in the championship at least.This aint happening at the moment & neither Val or Ducati can possibly be happy.

If Val aint happy will he stay or will Ducati still want him,I think the answer to that is NO to both questions.Aquarius wrote a very good post about Vals links with Formula 1,I think this is the most likly route for Val as he could make a name for him self in Formula 1 & make much more money.If Val remains in Moto GP & things dont improve then I think he will either lose his number 1 rider status or be demoted to a satellite team.

My personal opinion - Val will retire either at the end of this year or before & he will go to Formula 1.

Casey - Will Casey leave Honda & go back to Ducati ? No way.He has every thing he needs & wants.Why would he throw that away & gamble with his carear.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

He hasn't got a hope in F1

Not today. Nope, no way. He would have been more competitive 5 years ago without a doubt but he wouldn't be as fast as Michael Schumacher today let alone the rest of them. He won't beat Sebastien Loeb in WRC with all the best will in the world either so why do it for fun? He does that already.

If it's about bikes it's DIY in GP's unless Aprilia want him or WSB and below. Simples. He will no sooner get the Ducati suit him then they will build him the bike he wants. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

WSB is the only way and anyone who thinks it's a backwards step wants shooting. It's not. Pound for pound motorcycle racing it can hold it's own against all others and betters MotoGP in that there's twice as much of it and it's more relevant to business. All sportspersons hit the decline and this is Valentino Rossi's and it's been going on awhile. He's fortunate to still have enough to be competitive but unfortunately not in this class, it happens to everyone.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Re: Marquez

Current rules means Marquez has be in a satellite team in 2013 should he make the step up but I think you can bet your mortgage it will be on a full factory spec Honda considering Repsol are already a big time sponsor of his. I'm bored while waiting for the Mrs to come back with dinner so next year will look like: Repsol Honda - Stoner & Pedrosa Gresini Honda - Marquez & a CRT bloke LCR Honda - Bradl Ducati - Rossi & Hayden Yamaha - Jorge & Cal/Spies Yamaha Tech3 - Cal/Dovi/Spies & Smith Pramac Ducati - Barbara Cardion AB Motoracing - Abraham Can't really decide where to put Spies as his three races so far this season have surprised me somewhat. So, I think whoever is the lowest placed Yamaha rider (excluded Jorge) will miss out but unless he wins loads I can not see Dovi getting the Factory M1 ride. Ah thank you and good night!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

your right jamie

About F1 anyway. I doubt Rossi himself has any inclination to go there now.When and if it comes to cars it will be rallying that he will choose.
Regarding bikes I still reckon he will be in Moto GP for one or probably two more years then he will be off to WSB.
Depending on the improvements this year will obviously have a lot to do with it but Rossi will leave Ducati rather than Ducati telling him to go and thats my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
hafidk

Apr 07

hafidk says:

the spirit of racing in MotoGP

Valentino Rossi is the spirit of racing in MotoGP. Some clips from his greatest victories.

http://youtu.be/kSxHufPhw18

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

sweet jesus

have you got a shrine as well? And all his books and GP Legends die cast models too? Seriously mate, when reality finally catches up with you you'll be in for a shock. 

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

F1 & Super Bikes

jamieg999 - I must confess I dont have a clue when it comes to F1 as I never follow it or watch it.I do know that Val has tested a F1 car,Ferrari I beleive in the past so it stands to reason they must have some sort of interest in him.As for his performance,I wouldnt argue with you as I really have no idea & wouldnt like to hazard a guess.They may be interested in him purely from a sponsorship point of veiw or to boost the veiwing ratings in F1.

World Superbike - I personaly do not think that World Superbikes is any less of a series from a competative point of veiw than Moto GP,just different,but it would be seen by many as a step down as World Superbikes seems to be where X Moto GP riders end up.I think Val would see this as admiting he is not good enought to stay in Moto GP & thats why I dont think he would go for that option.

I think it would be great if Val did go to World Superbikes or even better Moto 2.Fantastic from a spectator point of veiw but I really dont think he would go for it.I do think he will end his Moto GP carear this year though.

There is another option though ! He could run his own Moto GP team.This could be a very good option for him because Im sure he would be able to finance it & would have no problem getting sponsorship.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

PaceyCasey

Hit a raw nerve, I see. You can't deny the truth!!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

spot lights on casey

classic rossi blunder, he cant get an mcn article about his non podium finishes so lets start another yet untrue rumour i will retire then dismiss it!!! casey had the same question asked and his response was a simple but funny one, also his one year deal rule is very smart, maybe rossi should have thought of that one!! doh. chasing 15m euro maybe was the wrong move not taking anything away form past results, or ducati.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices