Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

Valentino Rossi has moved quickly to dismiss reports claiming the Italian star was going to retire at the end of 2012. A report in today’s Daily Telegraph claimed Rossi would retire at the end of his second season with Ducati, or even quit before the end of the campaign because of his failure to make the Desmosedici a competitive force in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 10:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I do hope so Wosi, but I don''t think the Ducati riders are up to it. I think Rossi has the ability and talent to do it but his comment " I am not prepared to risk riding the bike like Hayden does " reading between the lines to me means I'm Just not hungry enough. And Hayden just does not have the talent and is lucky to be in MotoGp. Ducati can not find a good rider to replace him as any new up coming rider is not going to risk there career on a Ducati . He's doing ok so just keep him. If Rossi leaves Ducati with out winning a title it will always haunt him and his fans.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

I’M SORRY – I’LL SAY THAT AGAIN...

Something screwy/fishy here ...

As we all know - there is no smoke without fire.

This is sus beyond belief. WHY has a non-bike media outlet with zero interest in the sport, woken-up one morning and suddenly decided, completely out of the blue, to run this story? It is so kinda abritrary & random that it delies belief - it isn't coming from "excitable" Italians, nor lisping Spaniards with re-awoken plans of Empire and/or GP World domination either - its coming from a non-biker, mainstream Brit newspaper ...

Yep - the 'Journo involved is their F1 guy - which got me thinking a bit more. Isn't it quite possible that "someone who knows someone" in that cross-over netherworld & nexus of MotoGP & F1 ( both interested in the other & especially Senor Rossi with his background of being "pally" & "testing" etc with Ferrari) has in fact got a tip or heard something from someone in the inner circle - and promptly spilled the beans - and the onions? There isn't any other "rational" explanation for this weird oddity, is there?

As Mandy Rice-Davies famously said in Court of John Profumo & Brit Government flaks attempting a cover-up - "Well - he would say that - wouldn't he!" Not a question - an accusation or bald statement of fact.

The conspiracy theory for today, Lads. Over to you with it. Cheers

Do we all feel better now? Jeez – talk about nit-pick & otherwise abuse & shoot the messenger when you don’t like the message. Some MCN posters should be awarded Masters Degrees in it. So, I made two mistakes here with the names – sorry - did it alter in any way, shape or form the thrust & meaning of the post? No!

My sincere thanks to Mike27 for correcting me on which of the 2 prostitutes said what in Court during this sensational British espionage & illicit sex case & the Brit Secretary For War from 1963. In my defence, the 1989 film “SCANDAL” starring the gorgeously luscious Joanna Whalley as Christine Keeler very probably distracted me here – also the beautiful swansong by Dusty Springfield RIP - “NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVED” written by Neil Tenant of the Pet Shop Boys about the case, which perfectly captures the mood & sense of time & place in the film. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LIAR

yes yes yes. that's what they told us about rossi not gone to ducati before. now they said, rossi would be extended. for me, i'm sure 1000% that he's going to force to retire! nobody wants to hire him. for 5M euro maybe yes. but for 20M euro??? you must be joking me. wasting your money. and AUDI not as stupid as ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"How can this be if the bike had nothing to do with it? Did Casey all of a sudden become more than twice as good as he was the year before?"

Did he get more than twice the points?... sorry I must have missed that one. :blink:

He only needed a bike slightly better than the Ducati to turn his 9 podiums (+1) into wins & his 5 crashes & 1 of his other finishes into podiums. He finished within a race win of the top Honda on the Ducati in 2010... did the Honda suddenly become twice as good as it had been the year before?

Being on the Honda was obviously the difference but had he gone to Yamaha the result may well have been the same & you'd have even more reason to declare his win being on the best bike (developed, of course, by Rossi).

I honestly thought people had got over the best-bike-whinging but obviously not.

Reply to this Topic
millarmob

Jul 05

millarmob says:

rossi

Sorry but Rossi cant retire he needs the money after paying the tax man etc he short of a few million needed to retire in Italy

and to keep himself friends and family going

He cant ride the Duc now thats a fact weather Stoner is better rider thats another argument for another day 

so the only way out is another Bike but who will have him back afer his little digs after he left all his employers the answer no one

therefore must keep riding the Duc and looking a average rider but getting very well paid

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

What are you talking about millarmob, The Tax saga was years ago!! He's got more than you and I can count! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentino_Rossi#Tax_avoidance_case And as for the can't ride a Ducati.... well he's not falling off anymore and still better than 99.9% of bike riders.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Does any of what you've said prove the 2010 Honda was the best bike?... I showed the obvious flaws in your opinion... you said he did twice as well... he didn't.

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Hmmm

Not sure I agree with any of that. I'm not sure what this means, "What it does show I think, is the difference moving from Ducati to Honda was worth to Casey." What it seems to have been worth to Stoner is the ability to go just about as fast as he wants whenever ever he feels like it for the last 18 months. I sort of agree that his skillset hasn't improved that markedly but as I know you're coming at it from the point of view that his skills are suspect  I disagree, I think his skillset is at a point that would be difficult to improve because they already dictate every time the watch starts, apart from the odd occasion, exactly what is required to be the man at the front.

The only thing required to beat Casey Stoner consistently is to be faster, consistently. All the rest is just hopes, ideas or "on paper".

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Too old

Top flight bike racing is a young man's game, always has been.

Look at the list of previous championship winners and see how many of them have won a championship at the age Rossi will be next year.

So in my opinion Rossi is now at the age where it is extremely doubtful if he can win another championship.

If Ducati can give him a decent bike and if he can get his act together he may see the odd podium, but I don't believe he will win another MotoGP championship.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Bloodbubble/Bulto

The VR46 brand will be ensuring the steady trickle of Euro/Lira or Sheckles into the account long after he's dead I should imagine. The brand is safe in the long term if the Ducati debacle doesn't do lasting damage. To be fair the 46ers have got Ducati bang to rights so Rossi will always be in the clear and free to plot new T-shirt designs.

Bulto: I think you nailed it there re: WSB, if he wants to go and his ego and such like. I stand by my bike for bike racing, WSB is heavyweight comment, I'm talking pure motorbikes and the racing thereof not the fluffy, priced up sheep fodder shit that permeates through this site. 

I can kind of see that Rossi wants to stay in MotoGP and why, but facts are facts, he can't make up the gap to the front so why not switch to a championship where he doesn't have to? WSB. If it's about racing with a chance to win and then winning obviously. If he doesn't want to then it suggests ego issues and unrealistic self diagnosis issues to me. He should have reined the ego back and stayed with Yamaha, but he didn't look at the bigger picture, he was too busy keeping to the script he's written.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices