Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

Valentino Rossi has moved quickly to dismiss reports claiming the Italian star was going to retire at the end of 2012. A report in today’s Daily Telegraph claimed Rossi would retire at the end of his second season with Ducati, or even quit before the end of the campaign because of his failure to make the Desmosedici a competitive force in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 10:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Leemuz

Hey leemuz I like it man I like it alot, you have put a very good comment across and feel u have covered all angles, Rossi is the man and will go down in history as probably the biggest player, but mr leemaz you have put it well, I must add tho hats off to stoner who I'm not a big fan off but credit owe where credit due, I would be sad to see him go because right at this moment in time he is thee benchmark

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Simon

'Fuk off u got no argument''  what repartee, your parents must be proud.

Reply to this Topic
filly46

May 12

filly46 says:

sorry firebird my last statment was for that brainless tosser simon!!

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

kenny

And i have no argument over your last comment...but these comments that the honda isnt an advantage...and rossi should be doing what moaner did on the duke....there s no comparisons....like ya say different time and circumstances....

and best of all twice already this season despite been on the honda ive heard moaner errrr moaning...

Quoting the team say you can ride through the arm pump/chatter your fast enough....stoner quote "thats not good enough of a solution"....

And blasting his team boss out on camera for us all to see when come on...that bike is on rails its so well set up...

Really wish i would see him smile when winning and when not winning dont just blame the bike....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

...but these comments that the honda isnt an advantage...

Again, we have this statement - By what measurement? Why aren't the Hondas 1 and 2 every race if it's the bike? Please, try to answer constructively as I'm interested in your reasoning

and best of all twice already this season despite been on the honda ive heard moaner errrr moaning...

Bit like you are now then... All he does is give an account of the race, his performance, the bike's performance. Not moaning. To us, his Aussie accent makes it sound like moaning, just like Mansell's Brummie accent used to. It doesn't mean they are. Learn to differentiate.

Quoting the team say you can ride through the arm pump/chatter your fast enough....stoner quote "thats not good enough of a solution"....

Is that not a fair response? He wants the bike to handle properly, like any rider - he's been there before with the 'he can ride around it' approach remember. Besides which, you're blowing it out of proportion.

And blasting his team boss out on camera for us all to see when come on...that bike is on rails its so well set up...

On rails... It's the most boneshaking railway I've ever seen - you didn't see it chattering with both wheels at Estoril then? As for blasting his boss out on camera, you're getting him mixed up with that other fellah.

Really wish i would see him smile when winning and when not winning dont just blame the bike....

To say he's miserable when he wins and doesn't smile is plain banal. He is always polite in interviews. I guess you won't see him smiling on the podium, even when it's not the top step, as I guess you can't bear to watch it if VR isn't on it. When he came 3rd in Qatar, he didn't blame the bike (or the tyre, as some idiots are still maintaining he cooked his tyre) He simply had arm pump, no problem with the bike other than chatter which didn't stop him leading by 3 seconds and which he didn't blame for the arm pump.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

How many times has CS, when interviewed after a race. says 'that was a great tussle I had, I really enjoyed myself''.  He may be fast, but he is not a racer. He does not want to get mixed up into a duel with anyone, all he wants is to get out in front and finish the race. He is a boring person and a boring rider.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

-

How depressing to read all the comments on here from the '46ers' tying themselves in knots to prove that Stoner couldn't possibly win just with talent. 

Never before has a world champ had to prove himself. 

It's bike racing not X-factor. 

I'm not a fan of any one rider but show some respect.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

Firebird3

Maybe he doesn't have many tussles because he is alot faster than the other guys, I can remember valentino having alot of runaway races, im not a huge stoner fan but it does seem that he can't win with some people, I found alot more respect after realising how sites the Ducati is and how good he must've been to be fighting for regular victories on it. Even if he crashed abit, he was always at 150%. I just wish some of the other guys would find the extra 10% needed to take the fight to him on a regular basis and then maybe have a few good tussles cause I doubt Casey will back down from a good scrap.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

CameronLeeds

You mean this isn't a forum to slag off riders, but I thought that was what everybody did on here. Oh well, I'll sit down and enjoy the racing.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Simon, seriously, would you give it a rest?

I get you're a Stoner fan but your posts represent everything i dislike about the brainwashed Rossi fans. Could Stoner put a CRT on the front row? I think he could get near the front(top 8) on a smaller circuit, but front row? no.

One thing i think seperates most Stoner fans from Rossi fanatics, is that they are not nearly as delusional. I like to think i am for the most part realistic and then there are the fanboys with the usual shit. 'Put Rossi on a Repsol Honda and he'll teach Casey a lesson' ... sure. I agree with some of the stuff you are saying, but the way you're putting it across is just like a yellow banana would, and it's bloody annoying.

Leemuz, Stoner remains the only rider to ever give Ducati a championship. I think there will be at least another 5 years before they are in contention again, of course with a different bike and different riders.

Still, we have the Yellow bellies spewing crap like 'he cannot race' .... did you not see Laguna last season or multiple other races? Never mind the last 2 where he was under immense pressure throughout.

Here is the best way i can explain why some Rossi fans are delusional. They are in love with his personality, and they let this COMPLETELY cloud their judgement on his overall riding ability and other riders. Gibernau, Biaggi, Pedrosa, Stoner, Lorenzo(the list goes on).. anyone who has been a threat to Rossi has come under fire for anything which isn't perfect about them, whether that's to do with their personality(big deal, right?) or flaws in their riding. They bring up the overall records of both Stoner and Rossi when they have nothing else to respond with, which just shows how upset they are with the current situation. Any person who is just a bit of a realist will know that the history book do not tell the whole story. I remember a while back, the 06-11 comparison stats were released and every statistic went to Stoner.. Rossi replied on Twitter 'How about you compare his first 6 years with my first 6 years' ... Really? you're going to take the easy option? He just spent 4 years on a bitch of a bike you're struggling to break into the top 6 with and that's how you respond? Idiot, an how typical his fans agreed they should compare when Stoner wasn't even racing in the class. Rossi fanboys, they also love seeing his version of a half-time show at the end of a race, which i couldn't care less about. You want that sort of entertainment? go watch X Factor. One more thing.. it doesn't bother me. it's been said enough to last a life time but the 'moaner' tag is now just incredibly ironic that people still use it. For the past 18months we have heard nothing but excuse after excuse spill out of Rossi's mouth, and it's bloody boring. I know i have said 'he's moaning' a few times but that's just returning the favour. I couldn't care less what he says, he's explaining what's wrong with the bike... sorry, moaning. Back to a previous point, it's purely because Stoner is winning that he recieves the hate. I think Pedrosa is the most miserable of the bunch if im honest, but ive never said a bad word against him. Oh well, carry on. The results aren't going to change. I just hope Rossi stops that bloody 'whining'.

Ask yourself these questions and give your honest answer:
Is Stoner a more naturally gifted rider than Rossi? my view, no doubt.
Is Stoner able to adapt better to different bikes? well, who's going to argue with that? Before we start with 125's and 250's.. im not saying they're not important.. but they're not significant. if you can't do the business in the big class, you won't be remembered as a great.(my view anyway).

I, being a Stoner fan, can admit that Rossi is a more 'daring' rider when it comes to overtakes(if not a little dirty at times). He has made two of the best overtakes i have ever

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices