Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

Valentino Rossi has moved quickly to dismiss reports claiming the Italian star was going to retire at the end of 2012. A report in today’s Daily Telegraph claimed Rossi would retire at the end of his second season with Ducati, or even quit before the end of the campaign because of his failure to make the Desmosedici a competitive force in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 10:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

gixerbeast

I'm sure Rossi does like to be called the daddy - by Uccio.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

your unbelievable bulto

First of all lets get one thing straight Rossi is not my hero.Never was and never will be.
Ok I have no interest in F1 whatsoever but if what you say is true about the car being the best car surely even then it is an incredible thing to do for someone that does not drive F1 normally?
Still you wont acknowledge Rossi's amazing talent.I remember reading an article by David Coultard saying how impressed he was with Rossi's driving.
Next you will be telling me he had a very special car when he on more than one occasion has beaten current rally world champions.
I also remember reading an article that Colin McRae wrote saying he was amazed at the natural talent Rossi had in a rally car.
Seems everyone but a few neeps on here recognise an amazing talent when they see one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Ok Rossi still has a way to go to get the Ducati how they want it. But he and Burgess were brought in  to make the Ducati more rider friendly, so everyone could do better on it. Judging by the rest of the riders who are riding Ducatis, that is what they are achieving. So much so, that Rossis team mate was actually going better than him and commented that it is the best Ducati he has ever ridden. Of course some credit has to go to Hayden and his team, but essentially Ducati are pulling out all the stops because of Rossi and Burgess.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Not your hero...

I'd hate to see the way you behave to whoever is. Your defence of Rossi is verging on hysteria.

Rossi is talented on 4 wheels, no argument. That doesn't mean he will win an F1 race or a WRC., not a chance, wouldn't even be competitive. Look to his last outing in the RallyGB if you want a true comparison. Not the mickey-mouse Monza event.

You portray him as someone who is infallible with no equals. That's what I argue against.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well Firebird

So much so, that Rossis team mate was actually going better than him and commented that it is the best Ducati he has ever ridden

The first part of that statement is due to Hayden taking his own route with set up with his own crew, largely ignored by Ducati. They were pouring all their effort into Rossi who was going in his own direction with set-up and getting nowhere (argue with Rossi's own comments about being lost and unable to fix the bike - not me)

The second part of the statement is interesting because, prior to using Hayden's set-up, Rossi declared that it was unrideable, couldn't be fixed with set-up and was no different from the previous bikes.......

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bultoboy

There is no denying what Rossi said. I think they had such a fixation to turn the Ducati into a Yamaha, they couldn't see the wood for the trees and were turning around in circles. But the fact of the matter, all be it that Hayden and his team got the prefered setup, the basic structure of the bike must be a lot better, in order to get that setup. So it seems they are heading in the right direction. 

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Yellow Fan Boys

Well with Rossis sad demise - the biggest disappointment in motorsport history - the only silver lining is that hopefully all these 46er fan-boys will p off and watch X-factor or Britains Got Adverts

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

wosi

No doubt that the worm has well and truly turned now, but you know as well as anyone how things came to this pass.

For years for an element among  rossi fandom recognising rossi's greatness seemed to have the corollary of now proven to be baseless and sometimes quite vicious detraction from/character assassination of stoner. Oddly pretty well any other rider who was even vaguely competitive with valentino also seemed to have similar gross deficiencies in character.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LIER

i remember him as a LIER cause said he developt the bike (honda & yamaha) while it's obvious now that HE WASN'T. and in ducati prove how average his skill are. he just want smooth bike like honda and yamaha that already proven even in real life. 80% people in the world ride honda or yamaha. their bike is the best even before rossi come to motogp.

he is a funny entertainment. his skill is yes, above average but not the best. i even compare him so funny like cal. maybe when he announce retire at middle of season, he should start open CLOWN ENTERTAINMENT!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

46ers BULLSHIT

and now all of his fans start shut their mouth about his skill. now they turn to excuses about how entertaint and funny rossi is. they just avoid reality. bullshit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices