Skip to content

Discuss This Chris Vermeulen to replace Colin Edwards in Le Mans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Chris Vermeulen to replace Colin Edwards in Le Mans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Chris Vermeulen to replace Colin Edwards in Le Mans

Aussie Chris Vermeulen will make a return to MotoGP action next week when he replaces injured Colin Edwards in the French Grand Prix. Forward Racing rider Edwards has been ruled out with the badly broken left collarbone he suffered in Estoril last weekend after he was struck by Randy de Puniet’s crashed Aspar Aprilia ART machine. The Texan’s Suter-BMW machine will now...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Sensible Choice for both Parties

Seems like a good idea, both for the team ( get another established riders feedback ) and for Chris ( to see what he's got  left to offer )

BUT

Get well soon Colin

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

MAKE`S SENSE TO ME !

Re-place one  no-hoper with another one. Wonder if Ducati are watching the result  from the side-line`s ?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

only one no hoper

and thats u revnev.
Have you got a world championship behind u?
No well stop talkin utter crap u prick.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Wow

Isn't it amazing how things can turn around? Just last week Chris Vermeulen was an effectively-retired -through-injury-despite-having-enough-talent kinda guy and next week he's a MotoGP star again. Brilliant. Vermeulen has been less than lucky with injuries and not equalled the sum of his parts through no real fault of his own, he certainly has the talent to do well as he's shown in the past.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

STOP THE POSTING !

LATEST NEWS FROM "ON HIGH",IF YOU AIN`T WON A WORLD TITLE,{PRESUMABLY IN GP`s }, YOU MAY NO LONGER POST COMMENT`S ON THIS HERE FORUM !      ESPECIALLY IF TRUE.         .        SO THANK`S BOLLOCK 272,I WAS UNAWARE OF THESE NEW RULE`S.                                                            I WONDER IF CV HAS EVER FINISHED DEAD LAST BEFORE ?

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Mmmmmm...

.....stick Mr Rossi on it!!!! ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Does It Matter !

Does it really matter who rides the bike ? No offence to Chris or Colin but its just another CRT machine on the grid.Im sure who ever they put on the bike will ride it to the best of theyre ability but Im not expecting great things unless all three aliens crash out.

I wish Colin a speedy recovery & all the best to Chris.Changing the subject very slightly,does any body know how Joan Lascorz is doing & wether the guy will be ok.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Does it matter who rides the bike?

Good question. Ideally I think they'd want the bike to steer itself to victory race after race until it won championships but seeing as that's probably against the rules I guess it needs someone to guide and control it.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Kinda agree with Lorenzo99 on this one. Colin hasn't really demonstrated any decent potential from this bike since the racing started. It isn't like (apart from RDP) the other CRT riders or bikes are or should be in the same league.

I hope I am proven incorrect but Vermeulen to me is too safe, too damaged, and too much of "a developement rider" (read, no fight) in my opinion. He has been away from Bridgestone for a couple of years now and they have changed drastically in that time. 

So; what ya gonna do??? OK I sat and thought about it for a good few minutes and I cannot come up with another viable option. The forward racing outfit are too far away for even a hungry "racer" to put the bike up the order, why take the risk of a big crash damage bill? So NGM Mobile can order a pizza on about lap 15 and Chris will have it safely back to the hospitality unit shortly after the race without a singe pepperoni out of place. 

Ciao Mama's........... 

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

CV aka “VERMIN”...

Bit of a no-brainer this one, wasn’t it? Obviously it doesn't bother anyone but the Zombies that he is yet another "Australian"...

Chris has been sitting on the sidelines champing at the bit for any chance of a ride - & this one falls into his lap. Even as a short-term job, it keeps Chris on the radar for other opportunities. Good on him - but it ‘aint going to be easy.
His fitness & the damaged knee is pretty good presently - he has been cycling to the top of local mountains & keeping up the gym-work etc so is in good nick. When one considers the knee’s range of motion was so limited it simply didn’t even bend enough to allow him to sit on a motorcycle, this is a huge recovery & the result of a lot of long, hard rehab work & intensive physio. Soft & connective tissue injuries can be bloody murder!

I commented a good while back how cruel this sport can be. Just when Kawasaki builds & develops a very real WSBK contender, as shown by Tom Sykes – CV, a far superior rider, gets injured, not just once but several times & re-damages the bad knee. Forced to sit-out & then having been let-go - to watch Big Green’s progress with the ZX-10R must be heart-breaking & frustrating beyond belief. Unlike his time with Suzuki = wrong seat & wrong time – he finally got the right seat = bad luck & a bad time.

People (and there are a few CV "knockers" out there) - forget that, like Crutchlow, CV has a WSS Title, was 2nd in WSBK & got 1 x Win, 7 x Podiums & 3 x Poles in MotoGP on the “pretty ordinary” Suzuki. By way of comparison, multiple 125 & 250 Champion, Loris Capirossi - only got 1 x Podium, period - in 3 seasons on the GSV-R.

Oddly, CV dislikes racing in the rain – even if he is, like West, very good at it & considered a genuine “Rain-Meister”...
He is still young & certainly talented enough to be considered for 2013, especially for WSBK again. Good luck - no - BEST of luck with it, Chris. Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices