Skip to content

Discuss This Chris Vermeulen to replace Colin Edwards in Le Mans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Chris Vermeulen to replace Colin Edwards in Le Mans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Chris Vermeulen to replace Colin Edwards in Le Mans

Aussie Chris Vermeulen will make a return to MotoGP action next week when he replaces injured Colin Edwards in the French Grand Prix. Forward Racing rider Edwards has been ruled out with the badly broken left collarbone he suffered in Estoril last weekend after he was struck by Randy de Puniet’s crashed Aspar Aprilia ART machine. The Texan’s Suter-BMW machine will now...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Had a longer run in GP than he should have

As a aussie to me he has always been a dissapointment, he was constantly outperformed by by his teammate be that hopkins (very good rider) or alot more dissapointingly an over the hill capirossi the reality is he was lucky to last as long as he did in MotoGP. In no way do his performances justifiy a permanent Motogp or WSB gig imo if he wants a ride he can try BSB.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WoMD......

There are some fck wits on here, led by the biggest fck wit of them all, whose knowledge
of Moto gp ,or anything else, I can ably demonstrate by showing, thankfully just a few, of
his classic and incisive posts;

The current WC getting his arse plated by his team-mate      CLEVER
No big effort just as long as he’s top of the time sheet being cheeky, or is it over confident
Lazy and clueless?       
 IS IT ?

Stoner may find the biggest pressure of all comes from within, personally,I`d like to see it
Happen.

BET YOU WOULD.

Which is why they got rid of him, (CS), and hired Rossi whose precise feedback has spawned
the new bike and a fresh start in which all rider’s will benefit

HOW THAT GOING ?

Rossi will be gunning for Stoner, (2012 ), and when he manages to turn it around and get
Casey blubbing and all red faced again, forcing him to crack under pressure, SOME OF US
WILL STILL BE HERE TO REMIND YOU OF THE ERROR OF YOUR WAYS.

WE SURE WILL DICK-HEAD.

Time for you to come out of the closet, hold hands with your good friend milky-bollox, and
skip off into the sunset. Maybe you can co-write a book with Blair, ( another one who love’s money),
a HOW TO BOOK, how to find weapon’s of mass destruction, the easy way . Just MAKE IT UP,
your fu**ing good at that        DICKWAD.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Hopefully

He'll have lost that stupid hat. He seems like a good choice to me. Better to put an experienced head on the bike that'll bring it home and provide feedback than some young hopeful desperate to impress but without a snowball's chance of placing.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

de pooooo

never rated de puniet at all, yes he is fast but never really won anything in this class, just crashed a lot and still keeps his rides in the class, correct me if im wrong but taking out a class rider as in development like colin edwards the way he did was just stupid,that could have been a big gun then what!! he just is a gp version of ruben xaus who jammied his way into rides.

rant over,

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

aquarius

"Chris has been sitting on the sidelines champing at the bit for any chance of a ride - & this one falls into his lap."

Well what do you expect? Who else were they going to ask? Most decent riders have contracts and which employer is going to let a rider take up such a ride. Riders who are doing well in their own championship aren't going to risk an injury riding a bike that won't make the top ten. If you're not doing so well you might just take up a ride on a competitive bike if they thought they were going to do well and get noticed, but a CRT bike this year is not going to achieve this.

So I suspect that CV isn't so much a first choice as a last resort. 

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

some knobs on here dont bother making comments on the headline title they just come on here to argue ..what a sad small dicked few on here lol ..grow up sad man and get a life ha  

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

ow01fogno1

Sorry to take issue, but a development rider is exactly what Edwards is. If he's had nine full seasons to set the sport on fire, but managed a best season finish of fourth IIRC. Don't think he's ever won a GP. Just a journeyman pro. You're right about Randy, fast when he's fast, but that hasn't translated to race wins let alone a decent championship position. If I was looking to run a CRT team right now I think Edwards would make a good pick because he's steady and reliable, IOW good for development. RDP OTOH wouldn't make my shortlist because he's not consistent enough and therefore wouldn't be good an developing a bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices