Skip to content

SUZUKI Suzuki offer £800 cash back with GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 GSX-R600

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > GSX-R600 > Suzuki offer £800 cash back with GSX-R600 and GSX-R750

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Suzuki offer £800 cash back with GSX-R600 and GSX-R750

Suzuki is offering £800 cashback on the GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 as well as low rate finance deals. Suzuki is also offering £500 cashback on the GSX1250FA, GSX650F, Gladius 650 ABS, GSR750 ABS and V-Strom 650 ABS. Finance is available on all the above models over three, four or five years with a deposit of £1.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 16:18)

Post a message in GSX-R600

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Fantastic news...

I can't wait to receive my £800 so I can trade in my 12 year old 66000 mile gsxr600.

Reply to this Topic
Skinhead1967

May 12

Skinhead1967 says:

You don't actually get £800 cashback, as I found out.

The £800 comes off the price of the new bike. So a GSX-R 750 which has a OTRP of £10030, comes down to £9230, before you add any alarm/immobiliser etc. 

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Once again

Suzuki destroying their second hand value again

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Come on, MCN, give the full story

When Suzuki did their "£1 back per CC" last year for a month, they jumped to #2 on the new registrations list.

This year, they ran it from January to April, languished around #6 or #7 with titans like Lexmoto, and and ended April at #5, behind Honda, Yamaha, Triumph and Kawasaki.

So starting with the cheapest new bikes, and then knocking £600 - £1000 off of them, they still couldn't shift as many as any other Japanese marque.

They sold fewer than 500 new bikes in April, or under 10 per dealership. That's one new bike every 2 or 3 days per showroom, and many of those will have been 2011 or even 2010 stock offered at cut-me-own-throat prices.  Is that sustainable?

And now, having announced that the offer would end in April, they've had to extend a slightly watered down version of it for the next two months.  Will it end then?  I doubt it. If they couldn't shift SV650s for £4454 brand new, how many are they going to sell now that they've taken the discount off of them?

As COZ69 says, they've also shafted their own dealers and customers up the bottom line by reducing the value of used bikes.  Good luck trading in a Suzuki at the moment, you're going to hear (truthfully) "Eh, it's just not worth that much".

So, have Suzuki managed permanently to de-value their marque?  And what's their plan for dealing with it?  They have old bikes, and a muddled model range with far too much redunancy and overlap.  Their only real new bike is a 250, a sector that sells badly and is about to disappear altogether with the new license classes next year.  Just how much new stock have they got still sitting in shipping crates as they still struggle to offload last year's bikes?

So, MCN, are you going to be asking Suzuki how they're going to turn this around, or just keep running their adverts?

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

@Rogerborg

Actually, Suzuki GB had sold out of SV650s during the jan-may deal and couldn't get any more stock to meet demand.

Just for your facts...

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Then they can't have had many SV650s

Or they didn't sell much of anything else, since they still registered fewer new bikes than any other Japanese marque, Triumph, BMW or even Piaggio.  Year to date:

5429 Honda
3510 Yamaha
2566 Triumph (actually higher, I don't have February figures for them)
2052 BMW
1862 Kawasaki
1674 Piaggio
1657 Suzuki
1223 Lexmoto
1111 KTM

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

This isn't news it's advertising and should be clearly headlined as such.

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Why not

Buy a Suzuki with a pound, take advantage of the low finance and the cash back, ride it as much as you can for a few years so you really get your money's worth then when your really fed up with it then take it to your local dealer or sellit privately and any thing you get is a bonus because you've loaded it with miles and rung its neck over the years then buy another newer bike the same way and do it all again.......simples.... Biking is not an investment......get a grip... If they weren't offering deals you'd be moaning at that too....

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Ow meatbaws

because you've loaded it with miles and rung its neck over the years then buy another newer bike the same way and do it all again.......simples.... Biking is not an investment......get a grip... If they weren't offering deals you'd be moaning at that too....

You do know that your gona have to pay a fortune to get a new bike because the suzuki that will be geting traded in will be woth nothing right!!!?

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Get a grip

Yes but you will have had your monies worth on it......simples!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices