Skip to content

Ask an Expert Uk to Italy end of June Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Uk to Italy end of June

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

R1der8118

Mar 12

R1der8118 says:

Uk to Italy end of June

Hi all, 2 things:

Firstly, I'm finally going to be bringing my bike over to Italy, departing UK on 30th Jun. Anyone else heading out on the continent about the same time?

Secondly, if anyone fancies heading down to northern Italy this summer, hit me up. I have a nice big garage and some good tips for getting down here and ideas for stuff to do when you get here.  It's a pretty good location for getting about, we live in Varese which is just north of Milan. 

Just one more thing. Anyone travelling through France might benefit from getting one of the French toll booth devices. You can find them online through google, a UK company now distributes them meaning the toll gets debited straight from your account, much more convenient for us bikers.

Pete

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 20:44)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
happylemon666

Mar 10

peage

you mean for telepeage?  thought they were car etc only?  Where do you fasten the the jobby that goes behind the rear view mirror in a car?

Reply to this Topic
R1der8118

Mar 12

R1der8118 says:

re: peage

Ive seen them cable tied to parts up front on the bike. Personally, I think you could get around the barrier but like here in Italy, bikes are expected to pay the tolls.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices