You are in... Forums > General > General > bloody bearings

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

bloody bearings

my CBF500 rear wheel bearing have got play in them again , they were only replaced 6 months ago , anybody had this kind of issue before ?:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 May 2012 21:15)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

this is a motorcycle forum

what the F are you posting thi....................oh yeh, i see now! :dopeyhmmmm:

...and no, sorry!

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

are they zzs

NSK zzs? go for them next time

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

are they

the plasticy ones,

if so find a bearing engineering shop, take old bearing and they will measure it for you and replace with stainless ones,

had prob with an old dirt bike which were plastic, changed for ss lasted a lot longer

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

NSK

do a ZZ. Shielded stainless

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

honda parts

from the local dealers , thought they were stainless steel

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Wheel bearings.

Some years ago I was left stranded when my sprocket carrier came adrift, signalled by a clicking from the chain and a visible offset when I pulled over. My regular mechanic was surprised and I've since wondered whether my fierce rear wheel cleaning regime (with all sorts of acidic sprays) took the grease out. My wheels are now badly in need of paint.

How do folks with white wheels keep them looking good, I wonder?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

bearings

Bearings can be ruined/damaged at fitting and also with faulty/damaged spacers causing side/axial stress.

What the f*ck is plasticy ones?:unsure: 

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Like the Jaffaman say

Fitting a wheel bearing (just a guide for a novice)

Clean thoroughly, then warm the housing (next to a rad overnight will suffice), chill the bearing (overnight in the fridge will help), then quickly fit using a hammer and a round drift which is slightly smaller than the outside diameter of the bearing. Do not hit the inner.

If it has a seperate outer seal, grease it well internally with moly grease, then fit using the same drift.

Do not use lithium grease!

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

As Jaffa

poor fitting techniques can bugger them in no time, insufficient cleaning of components at installation, jetwashing can blast grease out, and trying to use a "substitute" bearing thats ever-so-slightly the wrong size (eg, trying to force fit a 2" / 50.8mm bearing into a 50mm recess - and yep, I've seen it done) can all cause trouble later on. Any seals should be replaced as a matter of course.

One food factory I know of often end up replacing bearings  practically every 6 weeks on some of their conveyors - a combination of bad fitting (damaging the bearing and seals) and high-pressure washing (water and detergents getting into the newly damaged "new" bearing) buggered them in no time at all.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

bearings

If your chain is too tight, it can knacker bearings...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices