Skip to content

TRIUMPH Finished Triumph Trophy spied TROPHY 1200

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TROPHY 1200 > Finished Triumph Trophy spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Finished Triumph Trophy spied

Triumph's all-new 1200cc Trophy is still months away from being officially launched but an MCN reader managed to get the best shots yet after seeing the bike hidden behind a McDonald's. The Trophy is Triumph’s assault on the class-leading BMW R1200RT, Honda’s venerable ST1300 Pan European and Yamaha's FJR1300. It is also likely to steal sales from the more expensive BMW...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 May 2012 13:50)

Post a message in TROPHY 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Mmnnn

Sad to see that yet again it looks like a BMW, like the 800 Tiger looks like an F800GS , i have 2 Hinkley Triumphs and had 6 in total since 1994 and loved their individuality but now it seems like copying is the way to go, i hope they keep some sense of Triumph style in future designs as i would hate to see interest wane after 21 years of building up brilliant success.

Reply to this Topic
Ricklehurst

Oct 10

Ricklehurst says:

Trophy

Wow, almost as ugly as the previous one!

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

form follows function

The age old saying says 'form follows function', therefore it kinda follows big trailies from different manufacturers are going to look simmilar to each other, as are sportsbikes and tourers etc.

thing is though, the engines give them character - plus they're not going to break down like the beemer or the honda are they? (leaving out the Yam FJR here - probably the most reliable bike ive ever owned apart from a Hinkley Triumph)

good for Triumph I say - hope they sell loads of them! 

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Triumph is getting too obvious

OK, so BMW is now very hot. they are setting sales record and RT is one of their top sellers, does this mean Triumph has to make their new Trophy look practically indistinguishable from the RT? Would Ducati ever do that? Even the Japanese don't do such obvious low-ball tactics any more. This is embarrassing for Triumph.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Hideous,just like all the rest of these 'supertourers.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

The 1200RT was one of the best distance bikes i ever owned - and surprisingly nimble. As long as Triumph can get the bike to handle (which it will) it could be a great bike.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Looks good for a 1995 bike. Wonder what the 2012 model will look like :)

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Yech!!!

At least the old Trophy looked like Triumph designed it.  Was maller, lighter and sportier too.

This one looks way too much like the BMW K1200LT.   Perhaps Triumph bought out all the K1200LTs that were leftover after the 1600 replaced it and rebadged them with Triumph decals.

What a disappointment...just like the Sprint GT.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

I will wait for....

the Tiger 1050 Sport when it comes out. That is yuk! But i am sure it will be very good.

Reply to this Topic
magmann

May 06

magmann says:

Yep, I can see why is was hidden round the back of McD's---too embarassed to parki it round the front!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices