Skip to content

TRIUMPH Finished Triumph Trophy spied TROPHY 1200

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TROPHY 1200 > Finished Triumph Trophy spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Finished Triumph Trophy spied

Triumph's all-new 1200cc Trophy is still months away from being officially launched but an MCN reader managed to get the best shots yet after seeing the bike hidden behind a McDonald's. The Trophy is Triumph’s assault on the class-leading BMW R1200RT, Honda’s venerable ST1300 Pan European and Yamaha's FJR1300. It is also likely to steal sales from the more expensive BMW...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 May 2012 13:50)

Post a message in TROPHY 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
airdy1

Jul 05

airdy1 says:

F.F.S. here we go again lets slag of british manafacture TRIUMPH are back big time that could or could not be the finished bike  but lets get behind triumph not give them a hard time and before you all remind me some parts are made abroad i know

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Me and the wife are Triumph owners ourselves but I've got to say it looks like a cross between a BMW and a  Pan European. I'm sure it will be a good bike (better than a Sprint GT!) but doesn't look like a ground breaking design.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

OK....

Whilst it does look like a BMW RT , Honda ST1300 copy, It's still a new Bike and thats to be welcomed in these hard times.... Surely????

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

Really a spy shot?

Is this really a spy shot or an arranged shoot at the back of McDonalds, not half a mile from the factory? If it isn't a setup then how come mcn claim to know what's on the accessory list?? (Btw- I'm not dissing Triumph, I've got 2 in the garage)

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

ANOTHER LOVELY TRIUMPH

Too risky to be to different style wise,best to go along with the crowd.But of course the TROPHY has that  exclusive 1200cc 3cyl.engine which makes it very different from the rest.Like has been said these are hard times and i don't think TRIUMPH could have forseen this, but the TIGERS seem to be selling well and there's a reason because they are good bikes which are made for the real world and no doubt the TROPHY will carry on the success. 

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Triumph's PR bunnies are MCN readers?

You know we're all laughing at these "spy shots", right?  Hopefully we're laughing with you rather than at you.

Reply to this Topic
TTFan3C

Jul 04

TTFan3C says:

Headlight

I are not happy about the design at the headlight! Are there coming cruise control on next years Rocket III Touring?

Reply to this Topic
hastyhughie

Aug 09

hastyhughie says:

yet another barge

Gee, does it pull a trailer with granny on the back and a stove and an easily deployed semi rigid housing unit and does it have a heated helmet jack to warm your balding dome, OMG do you want a two wheeled RV or a motorcycle.. the other day a whole load of gomers pulled up at the gas stop on their gold wings, htiched up their jeans by tightening their big belt buckles and went on a rant about squids and experience and reminded me of my dad going off in his boat like buick much to the amusement of me and my brothers...this is a bike a lot of people need in a catagorey of bike the world does not need.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

It might look a bit like a Pan European from the front but I'm willing to bet it handles a damn sight better! And I'll bet that its more reliable than a BMW.!!

Reply to this Topic
rdo350

Feb 09

rdo350 says:

Ugly Pill anyone?

That ugly fairing will harm sales despite the other excellent engine/shaft/equipment/price/brand attributes.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices