Skip to content

TRIUMPH Finished Triumph Trophy spied TROPHY 1200

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TROPHY 1200 > Finished Triumph Trophy spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Finished Triumph Trophy spied

Triumph's all-new 1200cc Trophy is still months away from being officially launched but an MCN reader managed to get the best shots yet after seeing the bike hidden behind a McDonald's. The Trophy is Triumph’s assault on the class-leading BMW R1200RT, Honda’s venerable ST1300 Pan European and Yamaha's FJR1300. It is also likely to steal sales from the more expensive BMW...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 May 2012 13:50)

Post a message in TROPHY 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Real spy shots

These certainly are real spy shots. I spoke to the MCN reader who emailed them to me. And I am sure he is rather happy with the money we have slotted straight into his bank account as a thank you. Just as we do for any spy shots sent to us by pro or amateur photographers.

If you read the paper you will know these images were taken while the bike was out on the road testing in Southport; so nowhere near the factory in Hinckley, Leicestershire.

We get spy shots from all over the place and we pay for any we use. Don't be shy, keep your camera phone handy and if we use them in the paper, we pay for them; unlike many of the other amateur websites around the world who simply steal other people's pictures and think putting a credit at the bottom means they haven't broken copyright laws. All we ask is you don't put yourself or any test riders at any kind of risk in getting the shots; nothing is worth someone getting hurt.

All you have to do is email me at andy.downes@motorcyclenews.com and we can work out if what you have taken a picture of can be used.

Hope this helps

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

That's seriously unpretty and the styling is outdated to boot. As Hughie's post imtimates this looks like it's aimed at fat middle aged blokes, probably US citizens at that.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

trorhy

That looks like a right Lardarse, looks more like a cheap crap full fairing on a Harley than a european bike, it probably weighs about the same as depleated uranium, come on Triumph you can do better!

Reply to this Topic
kdt092

Jul 09

kdt092 says:

New Trophy

As usual 90% of the comments are slagging off another British product before it's even hit the shops just because it looks like all the other tourers on the market. Well if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Triumph continually get it dead on first time. I went to the Explorer launch at A1 in York and they had sold out of all their allocation of bikes BEFORE it had launched. This looks like it has 'all the gear' and if it does 250 miles before reserve like my 79,000 mile, 12 year old Pan, I'll be beating down the door when they get them in. You weekend warriors can keep having wet dreams about your fantasy Panigale's etc, but us all year rounders living in the real world will buy these by the lorry load. Well done Triumph (again).

Reply to this Topic
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

trophy

great another bloody tourer :-( wheres the 200bhp daytona?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

kdt092

It's a national past time in the UK...... take the M.R.C.A. So many people slagged it off But in reality the "Tornado" has been a Complete success. Well done UK. Well done Triumph.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

TRIUMPH

I am sick and tired of people slaging off british companies.

I ride a speed triple all year round and it has never missed a beat its 5 years old and still in mint condition, Your jap crap cant even take one bad winter.

You can keep your krapasaiki or  shitasuki because thats what they are shite. you mugs keep the japs in busines and screw our counrty.

As long as triumph are making good solid bikes i will buy.

The japs would not have replaced the clocks out of warenty but triumph did as water had got in and they changed them at no cost. with service like that i will keep buying. BE PROUD OF YOUR COUNRTY YOU MUPPETS

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

British..?

Triumph was founded by a German and much of their production is done in Thailand.

The MRCA was the product of a German company, Panavia.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Do calm down, Andy

If you want to get on your credibility high horse, you need to stop pretending that paid advertising features are scoops or news.  Most of your readers knows fine well that MCN is a marketing rag that very occasionally does a bit of journalism on the side, as long as it doesn't annoy any paying advertisers.  We like it, it means that we know exactly what we're getting.

Reply to this Topic
hastyhughie

Aug 09

hastyhughie says:

for the record

just so we are clear here I make comments in good fun and sometimes humour is not pretty when it is insightful and for the record I ride 12 month of the year in Canada on my R1 which is going north of 100, 000 kms right now ( toured all over western usa and Canada)  and I am north of 60 years.  I am ok with anyone who wants to ride whatever, a 49cc scoot to a small block chevy on 2 wheels and as we know riding is about commitment so what you ride says a lot about you, but don't be questioning my commitment! Be well and happy trails to all..hh

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices