Skip to content

TRIUMPH Finished Triumph Trophy spied TROPHY 1200

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TROPHY 1200 > Finished Triumph Trophy spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Finished Triumph Trophy spied

Triumph's all-new 1200cc Trophy is still months away from being officially launched but an MCN reader managed to get the best shots yet after seeing the bike hidden behind a McDonald's. The Trophy is Triumph’s assault on the class-leading BMW R1200RT, Honda’s venerable ST1300 Pan European and Yamaha's FJR1300. It is also likely to steal sales from the more expensive BMW...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 May 2012 13:50)

Post a message in TROPHY 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DanSirGalahad

May 12

opportunities

Great news that Triumph are further expanding their model range! Hopefully the British bobby catches on and we start to see them being ridden and supported by the British establishment, rather than the BMW!If that happens, coupled with the governments pro-manufacturing stance, maybe they can persuade triumph to set up a casting facility in the UK.....

Reply to this Topic
cyclelife

Jun 10

cyclelife says:

Smaller bike please!

I ride a Triumph GT at present, despite comments below, I have found it totally reliable (13K). I would like the technology from the Trophy put into a smaller sports tourer type bike (Sprint size) Shaft drive, 1200 engine, electronics etc. a bit like the BMW K1300S (any chance of copying that Mr Bloor?). Is there anything planned to replace the Sprint ST or GT. I really don't want one of these Trophy barges!

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

No triumph here

There is nothing to be triumphant about here, this is much like other recent Triumph efforts to grab the BMW market, they just have nothing that makes them look like Triumph

The modern Triumph experience up to recent was great you could spot a Triumph at a 100 paces no problems, now they may as well be badged TMW.

I have always liked the 3 cylinder layout as a unique bike experience, but I need the outside to be as individual as the inside. 

C'mon Triumph time to be British again and not Kraut.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gavin38

Jan 09

gavin38 says:

As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......", well a beauty it ain't

It may have got ALL the bells and whisles but unless it undercuts the other manufacturers of big tourers by a huge margin its gonna fail and make a loss for Triumph.

I'm not a Triumph basher, i love them and 3 of my last 4 bikes have been Triumphs. They have got to stay ahead of the game and produce distinctive bikes and sadly personnally i don't feel this is one of them.

Back to the drawing board Mr Bloor..........

Reply to this Topic
garmit

Feb 11

garmit says:

No Trophy awarded

This bike has all the attributes to win the overweight ugly tourers championship: it looks like a BMW. So now the Tiger looks like a GS and the Trophy looks like a BMW tourer. Can we have a Daytona 1050 that looks like a Triumph please and leave the ugly shit to the BMW wannabes?

Reply to this Topic
bobfisher

Nov 10

bobfisher says:

Proper Job

Looks like another winner for Triumph - can't wait for the official pics 'cos these sorts of spy shots never do justice. As has been said before, because it is a Triumph, it will be a "Proper Job" and if the German bikers love this bike as much as all the other Triumphs, BMW will definitely be worried. I for one will be looking to go to my nearest dealer to check it out.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

biggest gripe is........

servicing costs!!! I have just bought a new Tiger 800 and its a brilliant bike but Triumph servicing costs are too dear. The first 4 years, according to the dealer, comes to £1500, and that won't include tyres and chain and sprockets. But if you pay up front, you can have a service plan for £999!! And thats why I'm going to do as much servicing as I can and only take it into the dealers for things I can't do myself like the engine management and valve shims. The 12,000 service alone costs £450! I can get a full service on my car for less than that at a main dealer. For those prices, you would expect top class servicing but when I checked the bike when I got home, the engine oil was barely visible in the sight glass and both tyres were 5psi under-inflated. Got the first service done yesterday and when I got home and checked, the oil was over-filled. And thats why I only trust myself to do the servicing.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

satnavsteve

Fair comment there fella.

The servicing costs are way too expensive. My old T595 was about £700 for a 12k service. My Speed Triple is about £700 for a 12k service too mainly because the workshop costs have gone up. I do most of the servicing myself but valve clearances and throttle body balancing I give to the workshop and it still comes to £400. 

Yamaha have 25k major service intervals. Why can't Triumph do the same?

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Ugly?

I must agree with some of you, it is a bit ugly, but aren't all big tourers ugly.

Is there much of a market for this type of bike now, I thought the current trend was back to the early '90's with big traillie style bikes.

I would think Triumph have done their research and reckon the market is there.

It could also be another wind up by the lads at Triumph.

Not for me though, but I wouldn't mind a Bonneville with the 675 triple motor.

I have seen some comments on Triumphs not being very economical, maybe this is where they need to be going down the BMW route.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices