Skip to content

General The walk of shame..... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > The walk of shame.....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

The walk of shame.....

I ran out of fuel on my way home from work...luckily not far from mates farm.So had to push CRF to safe place whilst wearing all my winter off road gear.Then once bike was safe had a long walk home.......i was sweating like a pig.:ph43r::ph43r::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 May 2012 14:42)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Shaun25

Mar 12

Shaun25 says:

petrol

Only been riding for just over a year and it hasnt happened yet, although my ybr does have the luxury of a analogue fuel gauge :)

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Shaun 25

Ive been riding for over 15 years and i'm still doing stupid things.For example,running out of fuel,going to the petrol station filling up and realising i haven't brought any money with me.:dopeyhmmmm::dopeyhmmmm:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Been there

done that.

The walk of shame was only done once when I got heavily snowed on.... thought the council would have gritted the bus route.

Had they fu....

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

blooming heck

should get pedals on it chuck .if it's anything like my ickle Serow it weighs less than my old pushbike .

Now if you'd have run out on the 'Blade I would have had sympathy for yas:tongue:!

Mxx

Reply to this Topic
Mickly

Dec 02

Mickly says:

I've done it

Forgot that I'd switched to reserve just before I put my bike away one night. Next day the bike spluttered, reached to turn the tap to reserve....Bugger,F*ck & Shite.

There was a petrol station about a mile away, so I started pushing, it was a GSXR750WR (not the lightest of bikes),  it was fuggin hot, no shade and uphill all the away, I was sweating like Cameron reading a Rebekah Brookes Text.

Luckily a van driver going home from the local motoX track stopped and offered me a couple of pints of of 2 stroke premix, refused any payment and wished me luck.
Bikers hey? they're fukkin ace!!

Filled up at the garage, and then kept topping it up every 50 miles or so to dilute the 2 stroke, no lasting problems.

I've now got a warning light on the speedtrip, and panic when it comes on, I don't want to do it again.

Mickly

Reply to this Topic
Fazerpod

Mar 06

Fazerpod says:

He he

My hubby ran out of fuel on our little GPZ that he was not familiar with.  He pushed it 2 miles up the A249 to the petrol station at the top.

Then he discovered there was a reserve tank.....:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices