Skip to content

DUCATI Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale vs BMW S1000RR and Aprilia RSV4 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale vs BMW S1000RR and Aprilia RSV4

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati 1199 Panigale vs BMW S1000RR and Aprilia RSV4

It’s a sad fact for speed freaks that superbike sales have slipped in recent years, while things like naked and adventure bikes are on the up. So can one of the most exciting, talked-about motorcycles this year - the Ducati Panigale - reignite our passion for all things very fast? Ducati certainly hope so and have thrown the kitchen sink at the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 May 2012 16:14)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

sound

The track and end edit was great but the noisy mike....drives me ......there again three bikes that i would like to have. if i had to pay for it. might be difficult to judge which one. from your test i would have to test ride each one. i could not hear what made them diffrent. vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

sound

The track and end edit was great but the noisy mike....drives me ......there again three bikes that i would like to have. if i had to pay for it. might be difficult to judge which one. from your test i would have to test ride each one. i could not hear what made them diffrent. vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic
Jedd Nero

Aug 08

Jedd Nero says:

Hmmmm....

I've owned the S1000RR having bought one when it first came out and it is a fantastic bike in every regard. I changed it for the RSV4 Factory and have to say I love the RSV more, although it is not as quick top end as the S1000 the character this bike has is beyond believable. I've no doubt the Panigale is a fantastic machine, but the price tag is the scary part. I know the APRC is highly priced but £20k for a bike just seems like you're paying the extra £3.5k for the name. I know you're not. They are right though, these three are head and shoulders above the rest of the Japanese bikes which are great in their own right but don't quite match them. That's not taking anything away from the ZX10R, R1, Fireblade and GSX-R 1000 which are all bloody quick bikes!

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

First Impressions

I have taken delivery of a Panigale Tricolore last Saturday, looks and sounds stunning but it just feels so so light at the front end to me. I have an RSV4F SE APRC which I use 10% on road and 90% on track just did Cadwell today and have to admit I love it, 5600 miles thus far. It fits me perfect and I can feel everything thats going on, don't think I will ever part with it. Maybe I just need to get used to the Panigale, it feels so rigid, with a hard ride, I have lowered the tyre pressures to ease the ride and get back some feel, early days, just over 200 miles, I am sure it will be fine.

As for the BMW, my mate has one and keeps asking me to sell him my Aprilia, says it all I guess. he does his track days on an R1. Also with the 2012 ones throwing rods it makes you wonder. All that said nice bike just I never want to own one, rode my mates and it's powerful but lacks character.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

cbr11x

...What are you talking about fella ?....the Panigale has very little connection with the gp12 and is certainly not 'based' on it ! To begin with the superquadro twin cylinder is rather different from the V4 unit used in gp ! In addition to this, the chassis in the panigale is a monocoque structure compared to the twin spar frame they set out with in gp. The only comparison that may be made between the two bikes is a lobe pump which improves lubrication of the crank and engine block. In relation to SBK which ducati are unrivalled manufacturers' champions for the last 2 decades, it appears they dont even need the Panigale just yet, although as others have stated the RSV4 is a superb bike. Checas 1098R is doing just fine. Take a look at superstock 1000 and see how the Panigale is getting on there, that should give you an indication of what SBK is going to be in for ! I would also point you towards the fact that the Panigale stole 'best motorcycle of 2012' wiping the floor with the bmw S1RR in its own back yard, as it was voted for in Motorrad magazine !! Your loose assessment of the Panigale seems to be as a result of a blockage of shit in your fuel pump. http://www.ducati.com/news/ducati_receives_prestigious_german_awards_in_three_categories/2012/03/02/2388/index.do

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

At the end of the

day , all of these bikes will out perform 90 percent of the people riding them ,so really it,s up to you what you like, to me the bmw is just another inline 4 ,the duke is now a twin you have to rev like a 4 to get the performance.,and The aprilia has the same engine configuration as the gp bike,s, Including the yamaha which is trying to be a v4 , must be something in it.???? My SP2 is heavy ,& slow compared to the new bikes , but every time you ride it ,s an occastion, has real character,  and is still one in the crowd where ever you go. I,d take the Aprilia if i was in the market,

Reply to this Topic
andydesmo

Jun 07

andydesmo says:

Why is price relevant..?

Can anyone tell me why journalists feel compelled to make judgments about bikes 'overall' performance based on the fact that it costs more than other bikes...? From memory Ducati are always being knocked back in tests like this because they cost more than the other bikes, its sooooo boring and such a weak argument. In my view the Panigale is easily worth the extra money based on its looks, style, tech, fine details and how bloody good I would feel riding it, polishing it and just looking at it....! I'm not a businessman but I'm sure that lower volumes of anything cost more to produce than large volumes of the something, on that basis anything common costs less, if you want special and less common it costs more. So do us all a favour MCN road testers and stop telling us what you think we can afford to buy. your judgment of value is your view based on your financial outlook and position....most people have an emotional attachment to what they buy too and will include that heavily in choosing how much they will spend, there is no way you can replicate that in a test..... I don't see motoring journalists knocking Ferrari on price against Porsche.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices