Skip to content

Discuss This Brammo Empulse and Empulse R unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Brammo Empulse and Empulse R unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Brammo Empulse and Empulse R unveiled

Brammo has recently unveiled the Empulse, an electric bike set to go on sale in 2013. The Empulse uses a six-speed gearbox, has a claimed top speed of 100mph, a claimed range of upto 120 miles and can be recharged in only 3.5 hours. Brammo say the Empulse makes 54bhp and 46.5ftlb of torque and weighs 200kg. The standard Empulse will go on sale next...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 May 2012 18:18)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

How much? For a bike with 54bhp. And two thousand bucks for carbon fibre panels sounds like great value for money. Not.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

3.5 hours ?

Oh yeah...it's a long time for a fill up for a 120 mile range... but try it at home with a 3kw supply and it'll take over 10 hours. And that electricity isn't pollution free and the damn battery is an environmental nightmare too.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Lithium ion batteries are the most recyclable batteries in the world. Many can be re-used in electric wheelchairs after first being used for the Enertia. Beyond that over 90% of the components can be broken down and reused in other ways or they can be kept in their current state to service solar cell energy banks or computer network back-up systems.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

HkUk

>"And that electricity isn't pollution free" The electricity we produce is partially green (there's probably a wind turbine near where you live) and in the future more of the electricity we produce will be green.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

So Cyclonite and bikenutter you'll be buying one will you? Personally I wouldn't fancy Lith Ion batteries on a bike. I've seen plenty of this type of battery combust in remote control aircraft on a heavy landing. Wouldn't fancy chucking one of these bikes down the road.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

shouldn't complain

this is a step in the right direction, everyone knows we cant continue this way, unless we end up in a world like something out of mad max...

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Steady is right

Its a step in the right direction, I think hydrogen fuel cells are the way forward supposed to battery's, but electrically driven bikes are the future.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Conspiracy theory here!

I don't believe anything will replace petrol and diesel till they both run out, the powers that be behind the scenes will make sure of that. Theres too much money to be made till then. Then theres the problem of Lithium. How long will that last and what happens to the waste coz its one of the nastiest things you can handle? It won't be long till someone is dumping it where it can get into the food chain. Have a look into the health consequences on the net to see what I mean. And besides all that, the cost of these bikes is mad. Don't forget the batteries need changing every couple of years (maybe less if used a lot) and cost a fortune.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Well

This comes as a shock to me ;-)

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

preunit

ohohohoh