Skip to content

General Any help please.... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Any help please....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

shagguk

Aug 08

shagguk says:

Any help please....

Hi all not sure if anyone can help.

Recently rebuilt bike and all seems ok, it starts up ok, ticks over ok but when I go to ride off it feels like its got no fuel and revs die on me, as soon as I start her up again it's fine but when I go to ride off it will get less than a 100 yards then die again!
I have cleaned carbs, cleaned air filter, ensured everything is tight, think all the breather tubes etc are connected back as they shoul be so open to your expert advice, need the bike for work on Monday too!
Thanks in advance

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 May 2012 21:35)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Help

In my honest opinion .....no feckin idea....I ride my bike lub my chain put fuel in it and after that drink beer and let someone else fix the bikes:hmmm: sorry

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

help

More info,what bike,what mileage,what mods and why the rebuild?

Reply to this Topic
shagguk

Aug 08

shagguk says:

Bike

It's a Yamaha r6 02 plate, I changed colour and cleaned carbs out, (bike shop put them back together), changed plugs, coils all ok.

Done 18k to date, and it stars 1st time, idles ok but won't ride for more than a 100yrds...
Thanks

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

help

When the bike starts and idles can you open/blip the throtttle up to 5,000rpm without any hesitation and hold it for 20 seconds ?

Also after your 100yards (metres now) when it dies did you give it any/ full choke?  

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Not revving under load.

It sounds like a fuel starvation issue. Check if any vacuum hoses should be attached to the fuel tap, check there's no kinks in the fuel lines, check the carbs/ injectors are properly fitted and installed with no air leaks (also check the fuel jets are clear and the air mixture screws are correctly set). I'd also check the conditon of the spark plugs and clean them/ replace them (plus check HT leads) as required. Some kawasaki's have air solenoids on the carb system so check they're working properly.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Maybe

Floats jammed?

How long since it run properly?

Why you strip carbs?

Did it run ok before you strip carbs?

Reply to this Topic
shagguk

Aug 08

shagguk says:

Carbs

Whilst it was stripped down it was stood for 3months, SO cleaned carbs, and ensured they were spotless, just replaced plugs and coils so can rule hem out.

I now thinks its either fuel filter or fuel pump, going with filter first as if it's pump it wouldn't dump fuel at all, it's really weird it ticks over can take it up to 10k on the rev counter for a good 20+secs and al, fine yet when I jump on it and ride it I get down the road and she dies, it starts up ok again but then dies within seconds.
I'll be popping new filter on and wil update ;)
Thanks al for the help (I'm sure no other hobby gets so much support as fellow bikers) 

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Vacuum hoses

can also collapse as they age - they're a cheap replacement.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Fuel pump.....

should tick for a few seconds when ignition turned on.

If no tick, could be pump or relay or wiring/connection.

Check for power at pump use meter.

If all good, filter could be blocked if not changed at service. Change filter.

If not cured, check pressure of fuel at carb eg disconnect pipe &,divert to safe recepticle, switch ignition to on position to check for fuel under pressure. Take care.

If all good now, trouble could be in carbs.

That is assuming you have already checked all hoses and breathers as suggested by others?

Always worth a check is to open fuel cap, check if breather blocked.

Reply to this Topic
shagguk

Aug 08

shagguk says:

Ok thus far

Just took it out after new fuel filter,cleaned and ensured all breather hoses are free and not trapped, but still issue :upset:

It still strts perfect, idles perfect and runs for cpl of minutes under load but then wants to die when you take it to 4k, it runs a little longer when choke is open full but obviously can't run it on ful choke...
Think it's definitely fuel starvation but not sure what or where.
Over to you guys :smiley:
Once again thanks for help

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle