You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Armorued Under-shirt

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scratchnsniff24

Mar 11

Armorued Under-shirt

Evenin' ladies and gents.!
It's getting towards that time of year again (although with recent weather you wouldn't believe so) where we're all out and about in glorious numbers. 
Over the past year I've invested quite a few quid in gear of various formats from helmets right down to boots. And I know I'll catch some grief for this but...
Has anyone tried or got an opinion on armoured under-shirts? Things such as This Dainese Thingie? It's not the motocross style just a t-shirt with elbow and shoulder pads.
The reason I ask is because on occasion I am known to pop out without a bike jacket. Never get any nods when dressed that way (1 out of 5 returned today) but that's another story for another time.

Any feedback/opinions welcome!
P.S. Forgive a lack of forum participation I've only just remembered my login info.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 May 2012 22:35)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Summer jacket

You'd be better of getting a summer jacket like this;

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/shop/motorcycle-clothing/textile-clothing/atacama-jacket-black-s.html

I have one. It's not windproof and therefore very cool in summer - I use mine when touring Spain and it's nice and comfortable even on the warmest of days. It also offers much more protection that the piece of kit you are looking at.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
zx12rbadassisnowzx6rbadass

Sep 11

i have one of these

Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Jacketits very cool in the summer

Reply to this Topic
catherineB

May 12

catherineB says:

armoured shirt

That was pretty interesting. It is safe as well as comfortable to use.

Reply to this Topic
scratchnsniff24

Mar 11

Appreciate the feedback

Marcus - I'm digging where you're coming from. However, there's just something appealing about wearing whatever top I choose over that armoured shirt, instead of being tied down to a particular jacket and "look".
Call me style conscious and stupid if you will. 

Mr VariousNinjaLovingbadass - I actually really like the look of that, and were I in the market for a third long sleeved mc jacket, I reckon that'd be on the list!

Catherine - I agree. It's somewhat safe but just as importantly it's discrete. Allowing me to wear whatsoever I choose over the top. I was thinking of coupling it with a short sleeved leather jacket A Bit Like This One. Again not massive on the protection front but better than a regular t-shirt and shirt combo.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices