Skip to content

Ask an Expert Daytona 600 or Fz6 or Z750 Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Daytona 600 or Fz6 or Z750

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

geeez

Jan 11

geeez says:

Daytona 600 or Fz6 or Z750

Sold my first bike (Bandit, after passing DAS)

Got the taste (and 1yrs no claims) to buy some thing a bit better.
In two minds, should I stick with an upright style bike such as the FZ6 or Z750 or try my first sports, the Daytona 600.
Comfort, fuel economy, insurance, is all in my mind especially as im still quite new to biking.Im favouring a 2004 Daytona 600 ive seen but I need help deciding!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 May 2012 09:17)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike choice

All three are good machines.  Your best bet will be to sit on all three and see which floats your boat.  It would be worth looking for dealers that have a demonstrator so you can try them on the road also. 

Reply to this Topic
geeez

Jan 11

geeez says:

Bike Choice

Well, I tried a Daytona 600 today, initially I thought beautifully looking machine, but difficult to ride! Quite a high boxy-square seat meant my feet were not fully planted. Comfortable back yet heavy on the wrists. Honestly I think I would fear dropping it on slow turns. Shame but still liked it.

On to the next

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

My 2p worth...

I didn't find my insurance went down much when I did accumulate no claims. Disappointing but...
Whilst I quite like the "sports-touring" or "soft-sports" riding position it does get to my arms and back after a few miles travelling at 30mph or so and I couldn't imagine using something like a Daytona regularly although sometimes wonder about a CBR600F as its a little less hardcore. I'm obviously very fond of the BMW F800 S and ST (yes I have a F800S) and it is incredibly cheap to run but if your mileage isn't too high you might want to look at a VFR800 too (the servicing is frequent and expensive and they drink) . They are a really pretty thing and sound lovely. I am tempted to take a test ride in the future as my mileage is likely to drop soon as I have moved closer to work... I will also still be tempted by a Hornet or street triple. I love the hornet even if it is a bit cramped and it is a very underrated bike.
Going more general purpose another great bike would be a FZS1000 or a FZ1 Fazer. A really easy to ride bike that is seriously fast and comfy but capable of touring etc. They seem to be well cared for and most of them are in good condition and fairly well priced.
Going completely left field I rode a BMW R1200GS the other month and was very impressed with its mile munching and general handyness. It handled really well although did feel big it was well planted. Its a completely different bike though to a four cylinder and you would need to take it out for a day or so to get used to it and understand it - It has a lot of low end and instant speed but not so much of a power band and has good visibility etc but would you pine for a four cylinder?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices