Skip to content

General New brake pads... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > New brake pads...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

New brake pads...

all the way from China....from order to delivery,just over a week.......25 quid full set.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 May 2012 13:46)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

don't

think we need to know about his sex life vulc!

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

i miss

me old newton abbot sparring partner, more fun than anyone else ever on this forum and yip

he gave as good as he got.

back to the thread oldish the general concenus is bin em or risk a few hedge trimming skirmishes in the very near future.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Chinese industry.

"Made in Japan" used to be regarded as a bit shoddy but not anymore. Now the Chinese are coming up fast and an automatic, negative response to anything and everything "Made in China" seems like an old-fashioned prejudice.

Having said that, if I was deliberately exploring what Chinese manufacturers can offer I wouldn't start with brakes.

Still, this time next year we could all be buying them, if we're not doing that unwittingly already.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

James

That is quite plausible.....

But if we are or will be 'buying Chinese' now or in the future it will be through reputable 'suppliers' of parts.

Lets just say EBC relocate their production plant to China. All the components would be rigorously tested coming from that plant to fall in with their 'terms/conditions' and safety legislation. The onus would still be with EBC and they would not let quality drop.

Staying with this thread......To buy 'cheap pads' that are marked up all in Chinese with no knowledge of what quality controls they have been put through or what regulatory market they were intended for......Aint a wise move.

Put it this way.........If Jong Ping phoned you up and said he had made big rubber round things that fit on your wheels and no one had tried them, would you go for it?? :blink:

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

EBC

surely EBC would have to change theyre name to CBC.

dosnt EBC stand for english braking company or am i completely wrong and deluded like everyone says i am?

Pedantic too i guess!

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Doesn't Triumph say 'all that is British'?????

Where do you think all the failing engine internals (Daytona675), gearboxes (Rocket3) and wheel bearings (Sprint ST) are coming from?

Cheap Chinese metal and production..... 

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

'Put it this way.........If Jong Ping phoned you up and said he had made big rubber round things that fit on your wheels and no one had tried them, would you go for it?? '

Hell no, and I think even Oldish would agree on this one! Oldish, what tyres are you running? Bet they're not Kendo or summat, bet you got proppa tyres! 

I gotta say, I'm surprised at ur naivety on this matter!! A man of ur, ahem, experience lol:tongue:

Brakes NEED to be 100% reliable!  Don't take chances

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Cheap.

No, you’re right Fuzzrr, I learned my lesson regarding cheap tyres years ago when I was trying to keep a car on the road with very little money. I bought four “special offer” tyres from Kwik-Fit which were an obscure make (‘Firebird’, I think they were, from south east Asia). They were so hard they lasted for ages but in the dry they squealed like they were in an American movie. Admittedly this was fun at first! However, in the rain they were dangerous. I was actually pleased when I finally had to shell out for new tyres. I’d want to see several independent reviews before I bought their latest tyre (assuming Firebird are still in business) but you’d expect them to have improved.

However, you’ve sort of made a point for me if a respected marque like Triumph use foreign-manufactured  parts on their quality-controlled bikes and you still reckon they’re dodgy. You’re saying a quality mark is not necessarily a guarantee of quality. Likewise an absence of such (expensive) testing doesn’t necessarily mean the product is rubbish.

You’ve made your assessment of Triumph based on experience just as Oldish is making his own assessment of these brake pads. That’s a good thing. Contrastingly I’m reminded of questions frequently posted about Chinese bikes which always get replies based upon prejudice and hearsay instead of personal experience.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

If I make it.....

to the 'H' cafe next week,I'll bring my 12mm spanner and allen keys and drop them pads out so you can all have a look at them.....they are sintered and seem to slow the bike just as well as any previous pads I've tried and like I said no clunks or squeals......I'll keep you all posted about wear rate then you can all get some for Christmas.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

brakes

hey oldish, you will get to the H cafe mate but you wont be able to stop:tongue:  ,it seems to me that you are old enough to make your own desisions regarding your life , so fook em all , happy braking pal.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices