Skip to content

Discuss This Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

Honda rider Jonathan Rea has won an eventful second race at Donington Park in a race which saw plenty of aggresive overtaking from all the front runners. Rea was fourth at the start of the final lap, with Leon Haslam at the front. Marco Melandri attempted to pass Haslam going into the Melbourne Loop, but ran wide, while Rea passed Max Biaggi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 May 2012 16:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
siiimon93

Apr 11

siiimon93 says:

Have to say im glas johnny won as im a big fan of his, but i feel for leon haslam as i think he should have won. But also a great race for camier and hickman on the crescent bikes. i would have loved to see what hopper could have done, podium possible me thinks?

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

What I love about WSB...

It's that the top six positions are covered by six different bike manufacturers! - That just doesn't happen in MotoGP. Variety makes things a whole lot more interesting.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Great race. I am a fan of Melandri, but if you ask me, he started the whole thing. If he had just settled for second - none of that would have happened. Sometimes it's admirable but today he seriously should have known when he was beat, which was after the Melbourne loop.

Rea's move? nothing wrong with it. He saw a gap and went for it, but obviously didn't think Haslam would get it turned in again so quickly.

Anyway, that'll do my Fantasy team a world of good. Now i just hope Micheal Laverty pulls his finger out in BSB.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

wsbk

WSBK produces racing that Carmelo Ezpeleta can only dream about. Both races were awesome today and great to see Lowes take the supersport race. I like Motogp because it's more technical I 'spose but for pure racing it's SBK (British and World) all the way.

It was great to see Melandri's misses have that smile wiped off her stooopid face though. Only kidding - she seems quite nice for a minger! 

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Melandri has always been an arrogant idiot. He has always behaved as if he somehow deserves the win more than anybody else. He has a single world championship win in his career, but to listen to him and to observe his behaviour you'd think he had a dozen. He even makes Biaggi look reserved and self effacing.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

jahagon

That only matters if you actually care about manufacturers, if you don't it doesn't matter a damn. Given that the best racing has always been in one make series I couldn't give a stuff who the manufacturers are.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

class race

I would say there was space there....so well done JR good win....shame leon was on the wrong end...

Well done TS too my fantasy team has had a huge boost...lol

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

nigel

WSBK produces racing that Carmelo Ezpeleta can only dream about.

The difference is the amount of mistakes. The margin for error in MotoGp is far less. Cal ran wide at Estoril and that was his race done. Rea done the same today but still managed to get back in the pack and ultimately win. Throw into the mix the fact that 'the best of the best' don't often make too many mistakes then yeah, MotoGp can seem boring to some. Many riders can ride a Superbike to the full. Few can move up to the next level.

That aside, Rea's win wasn't controversial imo. He saw a gap that Haslam had left and took it.  Simple.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Haslam had a moment recently taking Guintoli off track with his dodgy breaking. What goes around , comes around.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
lee675

Oct 10

lee675 says:

Laverty, hero of the day

Saw Mr Laverty take a monster of a tumble down craner, bike looked like a 200 piece jigsaw, he sat there shaking his head with dissappointment, only for some sad git to ask him for his autograph.  He signed it bless him, shame on the sad git that has no appreciation of what the men on track do to entertain us. Eugene should have belted him one!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices