Skip to content

Discuss This Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

Honda rider Jonathan Rea has won an eventful second race at Donington Park in a race which saw plenty of aggresive overtaking from all the front runners. Rea was fourth at the start of the final lap, with Leon Haslam at the front. Marco Melandri attempted to pass Haslam going into the Melbourne Loop, but ran wide, while Rea passed Max Biaggi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 May 2012 16:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

u lot make me laugh

How can anyone blame Melandri unless of course they are a biased Brit.
Yes it was a racing incident bur my god Johnny R is a hard man at times!

Reply to this Topic
pjzxr

Aug 02

pjzxr says:

Haslam

How the hell does Haslam get credited with 15th?. He had "outside assistance", ie; the marshalls in pushing his bike across the line. Thought that this wasn't allowed!!

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

not laughing

didn't make me laugh I rate Melandri but even Stoner/Rossi/Lorenzo et al would not have tried that move (well Rossi might) just to try and get a double win over his team mate but the line has been drawn  and crossed so like Eugene Laverty said about Melandri he's a sneaky little f$£ker, but leon is a hard little f$£ker so hopefully the gloves are off. Also I wish they would stop showing Melandri's girlfriend on eurosport all the time there are other good looking girlfriends there if they need to show a glam girlfriend FFS

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Rea

I just don't get why people are blaming Melandri. It was all Rea. If that was done in MotoGP, I am sure he would of lost that race. Rea is the one who made the harsh move on haslam. Melandri was much wider on the track. Lets see if the Brit riders can perform outside their home turf.

Reply to this Topic
Aajkz

Feb 10

Aajkz says:

Anyone..

..would have done what Rea did. Melandri was way off with his last corner attempt to pass Haslam and was wildly out of control the corner before. He forced Haslam wide, and any racer would have gone through that gap. Last corner, last lap, chance of the win. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Plus Haslam is hardly a big softie. He'd have done the same and is often wildly out of control and dangerous. Well done Rea.

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

outside assist

I think its a rule thats there for use if someone kicks up a fuss but they all get pushed to start there bike if they fall off (except BSB now) and he was near the finish line so if they tried to push start his bike they would have pushed him over the line in anycase

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I think most folk blame melandri because without his hairbrained attempt at a pass it would have been an easy 1 2 for bmw. He started a chain of events that meant BMW got nowt and jr got the win.. can blame jr going for it both bms were well wide but he was never gonna get passed either without bouncing off someone.. Neither had a decent pass in them.. For further evidence of mms stupidity check his post race interview, says he had to go for it but would have been happy with 2nd?? WTF... For me he just couldn't bare to see Leon get a race win at Donni as it would take some of the light off his.. Was never a passing opportunity as he proved beyond all reasonable doubt.. Biggest worry is jr makes a habit of it as he did a couple of years ago everyone was worried around him..Isn't a rider out there that tries to write bigger cheques than his talent can cash..

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

not gp thank fk

well this series was always gonna hot up,and it has,looks like the gloves are off now,roll on salt lakefor more of the same,when rea gets the honda up near the pace ya just know something exciting is gonna happen,and it usually does ,but credit to all the racers,all riding on shot tyres,little grip,and all willing to mix it up in the last corners and try some over taking,no its not gp,not as precise,not follow the leader nonsense,they take different lines,push on used tyres ,better racing than gp.roll on to usa for some more tussles, and there will be some harsh moves again,and some scores to sort out .cant wait

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Rea

Nothing controversial about it. Rea simply took the gap Haslam opened for him and kept his line. Haslam turned in too sharply and touched Rea.

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Some dark-suited German needs to come down from Munich, give Marco Melandri a slap and remind him who he works for.  Not one but two reckless moves in the last two corners, from much too far back to have any possibility of success - just because he couldn't stand to come second to his team-mate.  It's pretty clear he considers himself to be working for Marco Melandri alone, and not for BMW.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices