Skip to content

Discuss This Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

Honda rider Jonathan Rea has won an eventful second race at Donington Park in a race which saw plenty of aggresive overtaking from all the front runners. Rea was fourth at the start of the final lap, with Leon Haslam at the front. Marco Melandri attempted to pass Haslam going into the Melbourne Loop, but ran wide, while Rea passed Max Biaggi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 May 2012 16:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tracktime1000

Oct 05

Rea should be disqualified

I love Jonny Rea and wish him every success but his riding in race two was contentious at best and dangerous at worst. He should be disqualified from the results in my opinion and the standings on the penultimate lap should be the final result to make things right. He completely punted Leon off costing him the race and I will be very surprised if there is not an enquiry as he ruined what was one of the best races ever.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Melandri

was the culprit in this, had he not been so impetous and reckless BMW would have had a second one two

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

i suspect

jonny rea will get alot of stick for this, BUT what happened was just another racing incident. Hell if i was team manager i would kick jonny up the backside for not putting the pass on, melandri made the initial mistake which opened up the gap for Rea to make a move. I do admit that it was harsh but come on, that is racing! they are paid to win, not to stroll around for 15 of 16th!! and putting in hard passes is part and parcel of WSBK...if you wanna watch gentleman racers then just wait for Motogp!! lol

Reply to this Topic
jeffholmes1959

Mar 12

Think the problem was Melandri pushing for the win that took himself and Leon wide. In that split second Rea saw his chance to go through the gap and the rest is history. Feel sorry for Haslem but well done Rea.

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

should have gone to spec savers

Tracktime, you are talkig through your ass. It amazes me how people just see what they want to see rather than actually what happened.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

WSB THE BEST

Well done Jonathan Rae.Their was a gap their and he went for it like any other good racer would(when are Honda going to put him on a MOTOGP bike) But i do feel sorry for Leon Haslam who rode his hart out really unlucky in both races. The race it self was fantastic and you didnt know who was going to win until the finishing line.All so an amazing 2 rides by tom sykes and Max Biagi,thougherly deserved their podioms. I think its shaping up to be the best and closest WSB championship ever If MOTOGP had races half as good and the championship was half as close they woudnt be in the mess their in. long live WSB 

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

no 1 to blame

it was a racing incident, they all wanted it bad and somthing had to give, feel sorry for leon tho, great racing, no chance off falling asleep, like i do watching motogp.

Reply to this Topic
gavst205

Feb 10

gavst205 says:

Melandri should know better

No way Melandri was going to pull off an outbraking manoeuvre from that far back !! It was a stupid move that at best was going to force Haslam off line. They are team mates after all cant see the team seeing it any other way than he threw away a BMW 1,2 double.  Rea saw half a gap and took it but that gap what have not even have been there if it wasn't for Melandri's ridiculous pass attempt.

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Another classic

If race 1 was great, race 2 was fantastic, everyone pushing for the win and anyone of them could have won it.

Reply to this Topic
airdy1

Jul 05

airdy1 says:

both haslam and rea are fantastic riders but you have to have some respect that move was not on and never was if that was moto gp there would be hell on. rea came from to far back and made his own gap by hitting haslam and knocking him off  is that fair play. rea enjoy your win but always think if i did not run into leon would i have won.  but we all had a good days racing . also £ 50 on the gate robbing  b@s--rds good job we pre ordered our tickets at £ 30

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices