Skip to content

Discuss This Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Donington Park WSB: Rea takes controversial race win

Honda rider Jonathan Rea has won an eventful second race at Donington Park in a race which saw plenty of aggresive overtaking from all the front runners. Rea was fourth at the start of the final lap, with Leon Haslam at the front. Marco Melandri attempted to pass Haslam going into the Melbourne Loop, but ran wide, while Rea passed Max Biaggi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 May 2012 16:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Nostro, as you say it was a racing incident where two of the riders were a little overenthusiastic to say the least. The thing about the crazy desperate round the outside move is that if you screw up you don't take anybody down but yourself. The crazy late braking up the inside move risks the other rider more than yourself. It was just a racing incident, but not something they should be making a habit of.

I still maintain that adding the loop destroyed Donington. Before that it was a classic flowing circuit and those two stupid slow corners right at the end of the lap ruined the flow. I still reckon they could have come up with a different way to extend the circuit without doing that.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bluebottle2

Nov 07

bluebottle2 says:

donington wsb

Typical mcn "contraversial race win " my Arse, it was racing, mcn should no better.

Reply to this Topic
beefybandit

May 12

beefybandit says:

rea --dangerous

I've just read MCN headline 'Rea toughs it out' 

What a one sided piece. If he was a professional footballer who bought down a rival in front of the goal he would be sent off!. 
Yes he's a Brit riding well, but that move , and the one on the way into the into the loop against Biaggi, was out of order. He should be penalised  andhave points deducted. 
We all like to see thrilling races, fairing bashing but to to take someone out is bang out of order... its just not cricket!

Reply to this Topic
johnsmiff1216

Dec 11

Donnington

Just remember what Senna said in an iterview " if you see a gap and don't go for it you are no longer a racer"

Jonny Rea saw a gap!

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

beefybandit

No I don't think that Rea should be penalized, but I do think he deserves a warning. He didn't intend to take anybody out, it just wasn't very well judged. It's perhaps the same difference as that between "careless" and "dangerous" driving on the road.

However anybody who thinks that he was blameless should recall that the rider in front always has the right to "close the door" in such a situation.

The question that nobody seems to be asking is, without using another rider as banking would Rea have stayed on?

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

HOOREA FOR REA !!!

It was a fabulous race with all the front runners ready to rumble for the win.  Any one of them would have gone for the lead as Rea did.  I laughed out loud for several minutes after Rea beat them all in their own game. It was the best finish since Bayliss /Corser !!!

Reply to this Topic
cbr41

May 12

cbr41 says:

ITS RACING !!!!!!

How can anyone say that move was dangerous or wrong really???? Rea haslam and co are racers they payed to win all you arm chair racers really need to shut up as you know sweet F.A about racing. If Rea was running wide or losing the front he would of gone down with haslam thats just fact like or not thats what it is but i'll prob have some expert here who knows bugger all and correct me at the end of the day if you think you could do better why arent you out there??????........oh thats right cause you dont have skill nor the ability to do it and comparing motorbike racing to foot ball whats that all about. that race was like the good old days and thats how it should be and if you think its wrong or as you lot say dangerous go back to watching your over payed tarts kicking a bag of wind around a field. and to get back to he pass Rea did it was firm but fair not dangerous he didnt go in hot or our of control haslam left a gap and Rea went for it.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

williewheelbreaker

williewheelbreaker

whatever your or my opinion it was a fantstic weekends racing i was there as ive been there for WSB Assen monza Magny portomo Imola NurburRing osbersleation silverstone aragon Donny ! in past season and quite a few of these this season.

brilliant brilliant racing MORE PLEASE

brilliant weekend

Reply to this Topic
Arlow666

Feb 09

Arlow666 says:

No one to Blame not even Melandri

cbr41 you have hit the nail right on the head there, No one to blame not even Melandri, they all wanted to win (obviously that's why they are doing what they do), Melandri Wanted it, Haslam wanted it, Rea Wanted it, and dare I say even Sykes and Biaggi wanted the win and fancied having a go, the fact that the BMW boys landed in a big unsightly heap is just racing pure and simple....

Reply to this Topic
oldthing

Apr 09

oldthing says:

wsb

just watched this race on tv, WHAT A RACE, those last 8 or 9 laps have been the best racing ive seen for a long time, sure it was disappointing to see both bmw,s go out, but thats racing, these things happen.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle