You are in... Forums > General > General > insurance renewal time

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

insurance renewal time

had to insure my bike and had to go with a different company after being with ebike for a good few years they quoted me a price of £633.87 which is a joke extra years no claims no accidents and now up from last year by a good deal no thanks

so tryed our the bike devil insurance thing and mce (both same company by the way) got told no excess 4 times on the insurance phones them up and they try to tell me there is a £1000 excess or £500 if I go with the slightly more expensive one and they have to check if they can accept the no claims bonus from southern rock(ebike) so told them where to go in a not so polite way do not use them ever 

so went with h&r insurance £400 full comp legal expense and low excess and can ride any bike thats not mine as well (just because your fully comp doesn't mean you can do this unless it states on the certificate that you can )

all in all not a great deal but will do me fine

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 May 2012 23:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

ins

h&r ins never heard of, ride ANY bike means that ANY bike has to be insured by the owner.:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

jaffa

yip and not owned by me  never heard of them ether to be honest apparently they are up in Aberdeen 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance

£400 on a Fazer 1000 sounds a bit steep.  Mine's £260 fully comp with the VFR tacked on. 

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

H&R insurance brokers, Aberdeen.

Yep, I've been with H&R (car and bikes) for years. They were great when my bike got nicked, they're easily contactable, really helpful, they send reminders and don't auto-renew.
:smile

Reply to this Topic
gingerB

Aug 09

gingerB says:

Bikerbit

Just insured my Kwak 650 with Carole Nash for £163 including full aa breakdown cover and european travel (won't use that tho).  Was with H & R last year but there renewal was too high.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Renewal Spainish style

:upset: the Vulcan insurance was due on the 12th, the way things work here is a copper will want to see your reciept for payment not your insurance document, I'm with Generali for the Vulcan & they do it automatically via your bank, I went in on the 7th to pay in & be sure that it would be done. "next Monday it will be paid senor" I was assured --- checked today & the payment hasn't gone out ---- manana syndrome now sets in ! trouble is even though I'm assured there's a 30 day period in which it can be paid and I am covered the only reciept I've got is for expiry on 12th May 2012 so a Guardia cop isn't going to be very helpful if I'm stopped. Oh well the sun's shining I can't ride anything today cos I'm hung over it's all Pablo Blooms fault  :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

joys of insurance

marcus its an aprilia rst1000 I have.  I stay in a bad area apparently (not so much for vehicle theft but vehicle damage is got to be up there and assaults have got to be pretty high as well I suppose) not that any of it happens to me but its just the way it is plus am only 30 which doesn't help insurance as well 

remember people unless your over 35 your insurance is never very low unless you are riding a small bike or stay in a street where cars dont get damaged every weekend sucks but there you go

ginger what kawasaki you got er6? if so your bikes about 2-3 insurance bands below mine 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle