You are in... Forums > General > General > MCE Insurance = JOKE

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

KennyP77

May 12

KennyP77 says:

MCE Insurance = JOKE

I insured my CBR 600RR with MCE last year for the first time and they couldnt have been more helpful. Once that first year is out the way then its a different story..... As i live in a flat a work mate keeps my bike with his in his garage and as its a 30 min drive i got a garage closer to home, and during the renewal conversation 3 weeks ago i asked if there would be a difference in the premium?? NO was the answer. I called today to change the details to be told that'll £300 on to my premium !!!! WTF.. It turns out the company who underwrites me is a Danish company and is not goverened by our obudsman.

MY ADVISE TO ALL... IS STAY WELL CLEAR.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 May 2012 15:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

MCE

has been on this forum umpteen times without a good name.I finished with them years ago when i found out that i wasn`t ins for commuting to a fixed place of work as in the verbal contract over the phone.

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

Can't say

I've over impressed with Devitt.

Is there anyone who can reccommend an insurance company ? One which has performed after the shit has hit the fan ?

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

For what its worth

try Aviva, I've been with them some years and they're generally pretty competitive price - wise, my employers are also insured with Aviva (liability insurance) and they settled the claim quite quickly after a company van knocked the bike over in March (claimed from co's ins).

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I think we have all done the rounds

of insurance co's, the only one I personally wont touch is Carole Nash.

I am usually with Bennets or Swinton the past few years and had an attemted theft on my 600rr and they were very good, total damage 2700 and paid the repairer on the nail.

Others might have a different sory

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Wellingborough

Kenny,

I ride passed the head office most weeks on the A45 so if they are trying to bullshit you just write to a senior manager it is irrelevant where the money comes from ie the underwriter you were sold the policy under UK law by a UK company and therefore they must copy with our laws. Insurance companies will always try it on. Even if you eventually insure with someone else still write and complain make sure you give them just 7 days to reply and keep a copy of the letter. You'd be surprised by the change in attitude once you have complained to Director level and pressed home your rights.

Have fun

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Ombudsman

I think you will find that it is a legal requirement in the UK than ANY cmpany selling insurance is covered by the Ombudsman scheme.  I suggest that you take legal advice.  

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Kenny

So if you purchased the policy due and MCE's misrepresentation was material to you doing that not only can you void the contract - as in effect you never had one, or you can tell them you will seek compensation for your direct costs that have been incurred as a result of their misrepresentation. So if they become liaible for the £300 as it as their fault. They can say they believed in thier statement at the time - but they should have checked before offering the policy not made an assumption.

See good old Sale of Goods Act and the

Misrepresentaion Act (1967 - I seem to recall)

Reply to this Topic
scratchnsniff24

Mar 11

Hit 'em up high

I agree with what everyone else has said. Send a letter to someone high up.

The company I'm with tried to take the mickey out of me. After I took out the policy they sent me a letter the following week demanding £20 to cover expenses for the very letter I was reading. Apparently I was asked to provide proof of no claims, cbt, and both parts of my licence. But at no point was I prompted to do so. So I sent them everything apart from the money and my licence (I'd sent it off prior to get my address changed) then they wrote me back again demanding the money. Needless to say they got a snotty letter in return that's too long to post on here and I've not heard from them since.

Reply to this Topic
KennyP77

May 12

KennyP77 says:

Update on MCE

After taking all your advise, I called the FSA ( financial services authority) who govern all these companies to make sure they are acting fairly !!!!! They were the nicest and most helpful bunch to talk to and I'd strongly recommend you get in touch in you ever have any issues with insurance !! The woman told me all the key words to use during the conversation to make it all official !!! Anyway I go on the phone to MCE armed to the teeth with info and I put on hold for 20 mins !!!! The woman comes back on and tells me the extra £300 on my premium will be reduced to £47, no arguing, no conversation !!! Just a £250 drop as easy as that !! UNBELIEVABLE !!!!! Stay well clear !! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices