Skip to content

Discuss This Hickman dropped by MSS Kawasaki British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Hickman dropped by MSS Kawasaki

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Hickman dropped by MSS Kawasaki

Peter Hickman has lost his full-time ride with the MSS Bathams Kawasaki team in BSB. Following his decision to ride a rival manufacturer’s machine at the weekend’s Donington Park WSB round, Hickman has – according to an official press release by the team - breached his agreement with MSS Bathams Kawasaki. The press statement read: 'Neither the team or Kawasaki Motors...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 May 2012 16:14)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bestd955

Feb 05

bestd955 says:

??

Surely he got permission to ride another teams bike, even if it was a one off ride?????

Reply to this Topic
dsb79

May 12

dsb79 says:

Quite agree with the team here, give somebody new a chance to prove them selfs, or let Jenny have a ride on solid fast bike!

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

invisible contract breach.

thing is he never even had a contract with the team anyway , hence the comment ( hand shake agreement ). he did damn well in the supers to get 9nth , i recon he will score a new ride sooner than later. meanwhile bathams will be looking for someone willing to ride on a handshake deal. i hear hickman was never even paid by them.

Reply to this Topic
1batfink

May 08

1batfink says:

Nick Morgan done the right thing

You don't just jump ship at the first chance to ride at a different level.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Hickman

It was WSBK Its a no brainer take the ride show what you're capable of . I'd have made the same decision, He wore Kawasaki leathers , what more do they want? ungrateful twats

Reply to this Topic
jimsmimm

Apr 06

jimsmimm says:

I'm with richard1967 on this one ...you have to take the chance on the big stage to sell yourself..it could be a once in a life time opportunity...and as for the MSS team you only have to look at Rutters results so far this year to quickly realise that kawa is going nowhere, even in a season where under dogs have been shining its been hopelessly out classed...better off out of it...

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Harsh

I think whilst I agree that a contract should be honoured I think that was a little harsh, it's not like he jumped on a different bike within BSB, just taking a wildcard ride, broadening his experience and making himself known. I thought he deserved praise for finishing the second race in 9th, which I think off the top of my head is his best result this season, in a very well contested class that has some of the best riders in the world. A little harsh for Hickman I thought he deserved that ride alongside Rutter hopefully he will find an equally promising ride somewhere else in the paddock, and MSS Bathams had better find a quality replacement.

Reply to this Topic
CleanBiker

Dec 02

CleanBiker says:

What was the contract for?

Has anybody said what the contract covered?

Was it to ride for MSS exclusively?

Or maybe just for BSB?

Or perhaps exclude any other rides, anywhere in the world between given dates?

Or maybe in the absence of a formal written contract, there was a grey area, interpreted differently by all parties?

So many questions, so few answers.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

That is very harsh dropping a rider just because he is taking part in a WC ride Kawasaki hold your heads in shame dumb idiots.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

tough titty...

clear breach of contract.........did he not have the balls to ask MSS for a temporary release or did he just assume they wouldn't mind....what planet is he on? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices