Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What should Rossi do? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What should Rossi do?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What should Rossi do?

It's not going well for the Italian legend this year. Seventh at the Portuguese MotoGP is his best result so far and rumours of retirement persist in the media. If you were Rossi, what would you do now? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 May 2012 17:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

He'll run the risk of being known as the man who only won WC on the best bikes...

Just like Stoner and Lorenzo then. _______________________________________________________________________ Rossi has nowhere else to go in MotoGP and I'd be amazed if he'd go anywhere near WSB. He might as well hang in there and see if Audi get involved with the project and help the European David go up against the Asian Goliath. After all, he's still getting a healthy pay-cheque much to the disgust of those superior young riders...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

If Yamaha need a big-name sponsor, pretty sure Rossi could provide one.

Jorge says he'd welcome him back and money talks so is the possibility of Rossi going back to Yamaha really that far fetched???

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

what big name sponsors?

methinks Rossi's most marketable years are behind him.

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

Coca Cola..

..is rumored to be willing to sponsor a Rossi team if he can get the machinery...i say, that is his best option...the Ducati SUCKS.

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

Its the Ducrapi

I think Rossi's best years are behind him. But its more the bike, even if you put Lorenzo on that pile of shit! i bet he would struggle to! It just dosent suit their riding styles, both being very smooth and like fast corner entry, which the Ducrapi cant do!

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Surely

He needs at least a podium on the ducati before he can say his job is done and the bike is developed. But most of the possible arguments are covered in this piece http://motomatters.com/opinion/2012/04/17/between_the_devil_and_the_deep_blue_sea_.html

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

chupa chump

Nice way to try and twist my words. I didn't say win 'titles'. Stoner has had Hayden and Pedrosa and team mates. Both ex champions. Are you saying they are 'weak' competition?. Rossi has had Lorenzo as his best competition.. And it forced him to leave Yamaha. Amd now even Hayden is reguarly outclassing him.

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Get Some Nuts!!!!

If Rossi walks from Ducati I will consider him a coward and a quitter. He made the choice to leave Yamaha he said for a new challenge. Well, he's got that. Burgess said they could make the Ducati a winning machine. They need to show some commitment. It's clear Lorenzo's pressure two seasons ago pushed him away. Rossi had his ass kicked by a then fresh upstart on the same machinery, and Rossi hated it so much he walked from Yamaha. He crafted a deal with Burgess and Ducati to form the "Dream Team". That's fine, fair enough. Rossi is a big player, and when he speaks people will listen and he got what he wanted. He should stick with his job and show some character and respect for his employers. Or may be, dare I say it, he's fearful of Ducati sacking him. After all, I hear a rumour that the natives within Camp Ducati are getting restless.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

He needs at least a podium on the ducati before he can say his job is done and the bike is developed.

That's a strange measurement of whether a bike is developed. He had a podium on the GP11.

In a nutshell, his 'job' was to help create a winning bike that could be ridden by anyone.

Reality is that his feedback is the same as all those before him, they've all told Ducati the same thing. Ducati either don't know what to do to give the riders what they want or their bike just doesn't like the tyres from the last few years. Maybe, that's about to improve.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

has, unfortunately, had his day and this hasn't just happened. It all began 2 years ago when Lorenzo got the better of him and then trying to keep up with him he broke his leg which has made him lose that confidence which he once had, to push the bike to the limit and beyond. That's my analysis of the situation anyway. Can he turn things around this year? Well, I reckon that's doubtful.There are now, too many new, fast and hungry young guns, looking to make a name for themselves and the name Rossi now holds no fear. Is it all the fault of Ducati? I would say no. As we know that there are a number of other riders that can push older and inferior machinery, Ducatis, beyond their limit and beat Rossi. Where does Rossi go now? That's a good question. I reckon he'll see the year out, as best he can, and try and at least put it on the podium, if he can. After that, it's anyones guess, unless somehow, he can find that lost confidence and perhaps Ducati, can give him something which is far superior to anything else on the grid. If not, I can't see him continuing with Ducati and where else will he go? Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices