Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What should Rossi do? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What should Rossi do?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What should Rossi do?

It's not going well for the Italian legend this year. Seventh at the Portuguese MotoGP is his best result so far and rumours of retirement persist in the media. If you were Rossi, what would you do now? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 May 2012 17:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

2 cents

I'd have to say the first and foremost, VR made a epically stupid decision to leave an established team if his goal was Ago's record. His choice!,,, his ego!,,and that can't be forgotten.
I've always written that I don't think that the Duc is THAT bad. whether one one rider can ride it fast or 20 riders could ride it fast,,, It has always been, and currently is a fast bike. And it doesn't matter if it's Rossi or anyone else, it looks like you have to unlearn what you do on any other bike and learn how to ride the Duc, differently, to be fast Stoner is not fast because he is super human, he's fast because he can get the most out of the bike,, adapt. I beleive that if Rossi made this move 5 years ago, he could have "adapted" and gotten any version of the GP.XX to win, but (and I know that no one agrees) VR is too old to re-invent his riding style. In a nutshell VR/Ducati will never see the top step of a dry race, non -DNF podium,, ever.

To me, WSBK is not a step down and it is not full of has-beens. Aside from the three aliens, you could replace some of the current gp grid with 5 of the current best SBK riders and they would finish the same or better than most of the non aliens. What SBK lacks in speed and technology, it makes up with a grid filled with "almost" all competitive bikes. That kind of parity is missing in gp and will cause it's demise (another story). My opinion ? sure, but it can't be dis proved because gp today, is too much about the bike, Stoner isn't winning on Bradle's bike, (but I'm not saying that Bradle would win on Stoner's bike.) And that's the point about Rossi, there is no other winnable bike option for him,, ever. He's wasting his time in gp and It will get worse next year. If he still LOVES to race motorcycles (he should learn from Edwards's attitude), then go race motorcycles,,,  and right now, the best racing is World Superbike ! ! !

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

On the subject of dignity

With all rossi achieved he will always have dignity even if he never sees a podium again. Have a look at our own achievements, fuck all when compaired to rossi

Sporting achievements have nothing to do with dignity. It's how a person carries themself through life, their attitude and their attitude towards others. Not how many medals they have.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

He's too old to stick with Ducati, he needs to move to a Tech 3 team and let one of them come to Ducati like Cal. However if he does move from Ducati and cannot race the Yamaha he then looks like the fool and Ducati doesn't.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Stay at Ducati

Once they have changed the angle to about 65 degree V and replaced desmo with pneumatics,there will be nothing left to moan about and much to laugh about.

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

???????????

Good question and hard to answer , first i like to see him and Ducati back going for wins , but how much more money can they spend on the bike there over budget these year already as for moving to another team , well where with the way the daft motogp rules work , if you got the money you should be able to lease a works bike ,

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Sort private life out

I believe a lot of rossi`s problems stem from his age and his private life style, he is unable to take the bike to the 110% required ever since he broke his leg a while back.  You can be a great champion which he is but have you got that risk reward balance which all great riders have,  his private life is a little shady with male friends which do not help in the retirement decision area.  

Give up now Rossi and let the young future racers take the stage before you are to badly hurt to enjoy your private life.  Andy

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

his private life is a little shady with male friends which do not help in the retirement decision area.

Pretty bewildering as to what that is supposed to mean, let alone what relevance it is to anything, never mind retirement

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

What has his private life got to do with racing thats just plain stupid if you ask me.

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

If Vale can turn the Duke around this season then all well and good, but if not I think its time to move on.  Imagine how good he'd be on a repsol Honda!  However if all else fails its better to retire a competitive racer near the top of your game like Agostini than to carry on until you're pretty much forced into retirement like poor  Loris Capirossi.  To be a multiple champion and finish your career struggling off the back of the field must be awful!  He'd be a great Italian motogp commentator!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Checa and Rossi in WSB.... i'd love to see it, and i reckon Checa would be more than a challenge with the experience he has.

Rossi should go to WSB, just because i bet he's sick of riding around with pussies! Who was that one rider who threatend to come into the pits after being dealt a rough overtake in Qatar? i can see what he means about the pus.... Oh.

Then again, why would he need a Factory Ducati in Superbikes? He could just win it with his personality!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices