Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What should Rossi do? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: What should Rossi do?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What should Rossi do?

It's not going well for the Italian legend this year. Seventh at the Portuguese MotoGP is his best result so far and rumours of retirement persist in the media. If you were Rossi, what would you do now? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 May 2012 17:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Stoner to retire at the end of the season!

Repsol has just released this statement..

"Casey just announced that 2012 will be his final year in the MotoGP Championship."

Sad News!!!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

So now what??

We will have to revert to the Rossi v Lorenzo arguments........

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Yeah, real Sad that!!

Will be gutted Stoner is actually leaving... But will this open up a seat for Rossi's Repsol Return???

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Sad? Absolutely. But I'm definetely not going to stop watching just because my favoured rider is retiring. Somehow I think it will be different when Rossi does. David Emmett(who is arguably anti-stoner sometimes) wrote 'sad day - I think we are losing the greatest talent to ride a motorcycle since Spence or Hailwood'. I wonder who will replace Casey? I doubt that Valentino will get the seat, but neither will Marquez - with the first year rule.

Reply to this Topic
no1toprider

Aug 02

no1toprider says:

rossi-lorenzo

Lorenso to replace Stoner at Repsol Honda (he is out of contract at the end of this season)  and Valentino back to his beloved Yamaha possibly with Crutchlow ?

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Fair play to Stoner, respect for such a decision. I thought he may have stuck around longer to prove he is better than Rossi, but hes obviously happy with second best. Rossi is 2 championships away from being the all time top class rider, thats why he wont retire. He is nowhere near being too old to compete and win gp, he just needs the right bike and if the ducati doesnt come good towards the end of 2012 then the Rossi/Honda rumours could well hold truth.

Reply to this Topic
Big Bry 51

May 08

Big Bry 51 says:

Stoner to retire.

If Casey is retiring for the reasons he gave then fair play to him, always a moaner but what a rider, he made the old Duke look very good, something that niether Rossi or Hayden have managed yet in either form (800 or 1000).

But I wonder if there is something else behind his decision.

Who will get his ride, as a Honda rider myself, I would love to see what Lorenzo can do with a works Honda under his backside. But imagine the two Spaniards as team mates?

As for the GOAT, dont think Honda will take him back but if Lorenzo moves camps, then Rossii will go back to  the works Yamaha along with Cal.

Reply to this Topic
Joehawnt123

May 12

Joehawnt123 says:

Mike 2265

True, but I believe this could be one of his plans. Although now with stoners retirement I would like to see nothing more than him on that Honda next year.

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

He should stick with Ducati to the bitter (or sweet) end now. He'll look very bad if he goes somewhere else and fails. May as well try and get the Ducati to work and/or change to suit it. He can't have many years left so I don't see a good option other than quit MotoGP. It might be good if the names left, MotoGP failed and WSB took over as the premier class. I don't see what the big deal with MotoGP is - why is it so important to development, why can't they develop with a WSB rule book?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices