General cbr to nc700s / General

You are in... Forums > General > General > cbr to nc700s /

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mercymercyred

Jan 10

cbr to nc700s /

have a bit of a quandry not sure what is the best to do would be interested on anyones opinion on what they would do.

I have bought the new cbr600f 2011 (hornet with a fairing one) I have had since July 2011 and have done 16000 miles on it. I have been offered a deal on the new honda nc700s on the never never for £90 per month as opposed to the £60 per month that I am paying at the moment. The reason I was interested in the NC was its incredible mpg but its nowhere near as good a bike as my cbr which I absolutely love but it can be a bit expensive to run. I was planning to keep it until I got a 100,000 miles out of it and it has 4000 mile service intervals which as I was'nt planning on selling it I would have extended it to 6000 miles.

The dealer said if I did not trade my cbr in now it would be worthless once its reached 20000 miles which I thought do most bike owners only use thier bikes as garage ornaments. Still undecided to go with the deal or not

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2012 10:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

CBR trade in

Your bike will not be worthless once it's reached 20000. This is sales bumph to try and get a sale. It is however true that few people rack up big mileages on bikes nowadays. (some buyers purchase on condition/ age etc and others just look at how shiney and how few miles it's done). If you don't like the look or feel of the NC700 then I would NOT recommend getting it.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Running costs

too high? Ride slower - save petrol, tyres and break pads.

20k makes your bike worthless? Only if it looks like it spent the last month at the bottom of the sea. Especially an all-rouder/sportstourer like the CBRF.

As we have a recessio, might as well take the only benefit that bike deals will be frequent for a good while yet. Keep your CBRF if you like it (no guarentee YOU'LL get lower running costs on the NC) and take a gander at what offers are going when you decide you want something new.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

CBR

Worthless at 20K?  What a load of crap.  If a dealer thought I was that stupid as to fall for that he certainly wouldn't be selling me any more motorcycles.  I would suggest that you look round his showroom, find a machine with more that 20,000 miles on it and ask him to give it to you for free - after all, it's worthless anyway.  (I bet that, even with that sort of mileage on it, he is still asking for good money)

If you like your CBR then keep it.  By the time you have done 100 K on it the machine will owe you nothing.  As ANichhol says, there are ways to run your bike more conservatively.  And let's face it, if running costs were your only consideration the you'd probably have bought a 100 mpg scooter anyway.     

Worthless at 20K eh?   That means I'll probably have to pay someone to take my 40,000 mile VFR off my hands.  :lol::lol: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
Hondavfr800

Feb 04

Hondavfr800 says:

Stick with the CBR

I couldn't agree more the previous comments and Is it worth paying more money per month on a bike that will be a little cheaper to run? I recently purchased a 600F after two 600RR's and I can see why you love the 600F. Before I purchased mine i too looked at the NC but the look I got from the salesman spoke a thousand words so stick with what you have and don't "downgrade" upon advice from a dealer as I reckon you'd be disappointed with the end result.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

I thought

the New 600f had 8000 mile intervals? 

Reply to this Topic
chrisbf125

Sep 10

chrisbf125 says:

Economy

The nc will be much more fuel efficient but you'd also be spending an extra £30 on buying the bike- a tank and a half of petrol. 

I have a CBR600RR and fuel economy is not great so I'm considering the new Ktm duke, which has great economy as its a single but will be as quick around orders as the cbr so you won't be disappointed by the performance.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

cbr to nc700

Thanks for the opinions I have decided to keep my cbr and try to get the 100,000 miles out of it. Regular servicing and smooth riding I think will be order of the day.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices