Skip to content

Products Helmet review: Shoei Neotec Helmets

You are in... Forums > Products > Helmets > Helmet review: Shoei Neotec

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mykel Nicolaou  says:

Helmet review: Shoei Neotec

Shoei Neotec helmet, £469.99Time used: Two months What I like: The new Neotec had a huge reputation to live up to, as the replacement for Shoei’s hugely popular Multitec II. With an integrated sun visor and easy to use flip up mechanism coupled with an enlarged visor and multiple venting points, the Neotec is a definite step up from what was already...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2012 11:18)

Post a message in Helmets

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roobarb001

Nov 12

roobarb001 says:

Shoei Neotec

I have an X1000, a Multitec and have recently acquired a Neotec - imported from the USA as I wanted a yellow one (difficult to find in the UK) so it has a standard double D ring fastening rather than the microratchet.

I have been using the Neotec for about two months, and it is about to go to bed for the winter.

There is nothing , much, wrong with the Neotec.  It is extremely comfortable, the ventilation is superb, there is less wind noise than the Multitec and visibility is good and the internal tinted visor works very well.  I think it is very good value for money.

However, in some respects the ventilation is too good.

See next comment

Reply to this Topic
roobarb001

Nov 12

roobarb001 says:

In light rain, mist and drizzle I need to open the chin vent to avoid misting problems.  The vent, however, draws in water - cold water - and whilst I can see well enough, having a wet nose gets uncomfortable after a while.

In heavy rain I managed to leave the top vent open which resulted in the helmet flooding - OK whilst moving, but after stopping the water drains down the inner visor space resulting in the rain continuing inside the helmet - this is inconvenient.

I will be using my X1000 this winter (unless I need the headset fitted to my Multitec).  It is lighter, quiete, warmerr and relatively waterproof, and with a pair of sunglasses for those low sun, bright mornings I should be OK.

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

My wife and I bought Neotecs when they first appeared this year. Only two niggles after a summer of riding including a european tour: 

It's very prone to misting, even in the dry, if it's below about 15 degrees C.  I'm guessing that this may be partly due to the draught excluder which helps reduce noise.

Even when closed I can feel air coming in the top vent, I'm pretty much bald so perhaps not a problem for those who aren't folically challenged!  However I think in winter anyone would feel the draught.

It's light, for a flip front, quiet, the built in sunvisor is indispensible and the ventilation for summer us is very good.  Our Scala G9s fit easily with plenty of room for the speakers without pinching ears, and the removable lining makes the wiring easy to tuck away. 

So I'd say it's a great summer helmet, possibly the best, but it's not as good for winter use.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

I think Shoei missed a trick with this lid, they should've designed it with a 4 link opening mechanism similar to the BMW system 6 evo , so that when you flip the front up not only does it open upwards but drops down closer to the surface of the helmet, thus reducing the front profile of the helmet and keeping it compact while open, looks much better.

Reply to this Topic
formotorbikes

Jan 11

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices