Skip to content

Ask an Expert XT 600 Running fine... Other than when it's raining Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > XT 600 Running fine... Other than when it's raining

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

XT 600 Running fine... Other than when it's raining

Had some probs with my bike starting which now seem to be fixed. On the way home the other day it was raining really heavy and bike kept cutting out.

We are talking about 9 stalls on a 6 mile journey.

Rain is getting in somewhere. I notice the carb kind of hanging off the inlet rubber a bit but I am going to fix this soon. Is there any other reason the bike would just straight die in the wet? Sidestand has been bypassed in 2 places. I've foiled the innards in the connector and tied the wires at the end.

Did have a problem with the sidestand a couple of days ago where it would cut out going from neutral to first/second. This fix sorted that out.

I am gonna fix up the carb (which was cleaned in november sometime) and replace air filter since the bike is trying to start again when it dies. Sometimes it will splutter and die then it will ressurect itself. Others it will just die.

The fuel line isn't clogged whenever I checked it which leaves either the carb or the air filter at fault.

Could I be missing anything?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2012 11:33)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Carb Cake

Will do that and see if that helps. Just my luck that it hasnt rained in two weeks lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices