Skip to content

General So the police are not happy with cuts Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > So the police are not happy with cuts

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

So the police are not happy with cuts

Tough ! For years they`ve had it good .Many unfit people have joined the force ( oops sorry, service ) Its looked on as a good career with nice prospects and pension .The experiences I have had with the police have not been pleasant (most reguarding motoring of which  i have been the inocent party )Happy to use health n safety to stop them dealing with dangerous situations yet quite happy to "bully" petty fines out of good law abiding people ( take a lady to court for taking a sip of water at traffic lights , booking a man for blowing his nose in a traffic que )has`nt done their image very good has it ?Their pay has been good and now times are tough they dont like being in it together with the rest of us .So thats my feelings  its not ment to be contenious just live in the real world folks !

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2012 21:08)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

woohoo

police with not enough pay......bribe yer way out of court here I come

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

POLICE

Plenty of them today in Burnley Lancs,all lined up ready to wave at Beth,Phil and a Charley.  

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

close

but no doughnut this time....

they should make a police program on tv, call it the ones that got away!

When youve got ten coppers ontop of you with your hands behind your back its not easy to "RELAX" as they always scream!

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

I would have thought

most people understand, that if you get seriously in debt, or any debt really, then the money you spend servicing the debt, comes out of your nett income.

In other words, you have less to live on, than you had before you took the debt on.
Therefore, you cannot pay for as much as you could, prior to getting into debt.
I would have thought, everyone understands that cut backs have to be made.
Still, the police, like everyone else who gets a cut, doesn't like it, when it's them personally.
What makes me laugh with the police is, and please let's not go into an argument about the 80's again, I can't be arsed.  
But it has been shown that when a group of people start using violence to try to keep government cash, (tax payer cash), flowing into their pockets, the police can see reason. 
But now, when the tax payer is taxed out, and can't pay extra to service the debt AND keep services up, the police think they're a special case (like everyone else living off the tax payer), and the taxpayer should cough up more, to maintain the police's standard of living.
They have no problem with anyone else's money supply being reduced of course. After all, everyone can see cut backs have to be made.
That said, the most glaringly obvious things to stop paying for, long before cutting back on the police, the government doesn't even mention.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Police

Like all organisations you will get the bad as well as the good.  In general, on the occasions when I have come face to face with the boys in blue, it has been a positive experience.  When I have been in need of their services being on the receiving end of crime thay have done what could reasonably be expected of them  On those occasions when I have attracted their attention, for example with spirited riding, I have been treated fairly. 

In my opinion the majority of them are OK.  They do a difficult job in challenging cicumstances with one hand tied behind their back by either government policy and the other by political correctness.  Give them a break.    

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Police

Had to deal with many cops over the years wth being a firms key holder which was based in a high  crime area. In general they were fine, the exception was, on occasions traffic officers had to attend. I think being bikers we're biased as traffic officers in general (again there will be exceptions) are a breed apart. They're quite happy to blatantly break any limit they choose, yet jump on anyone (sometimes literally) for creeping over a limit

You find 'ordinary' coppers don't have much time for the traffic division.

Reply to this Topic
KWAKZ750S

Aug 08

KWAKZ750S says:

As I recall,

plenty of them were standing waving wads of overtime cash at picketing miners back in the 80s

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

That's what

I meant, and I'm not getting into another arguement on behalf of the unmentionable one.

I was just noting that when the government said it was going to stop making the rest of us subsidise loss making industries, the cops were all for it.

Now the government says there isn't as much tax coming in, and they have to pay out more of what does come in, on debt repayments, therefore government departments will have to make do with less.

The police are saying, yes, absolutely, cut everything except for our pay.

Very reasonable. Cut others more, or raise taxes further, but don't start on us.

My own views are get rid of the EU, and foreign aid first, then see if we need to have a go at the public sector.

At the same time, any PS worker who thinks they're getting shafted, is free to leave and join us in the private sector. Don't try to tell us you're doing us a big favour, whilst getting pensions (made up of our money) etc; we could only dream of.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

You have a point

As I recall,

plenty of them were standing waving wads of overtime cash at picketing miners back in the 80s QUOTE

The police do seem to have a reluctance to help 'minors,' they've turned their backs on them for years on Rochdale, Oldham, Carlisle and the rest, :huh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Manknd's points

That said, the most glaringly obvious things to stop paying for, long before cutting back on the police, the government doesn't even mention.

Couldn't agree more. ConDemNation attitude is to pick on those who can't fight back (or who'll lose anyway) - students, public sector, people who are banned from striking (emergency services). I'm not blaming Tories alone in this as its well time the LDs started exercising some independance in the coalition - threaten to pull the plug if you must because your pseudo-bullshit excse of instability will make the problem worse don't hold up when the problem is already worse.

My own views are get rid of the EU, and foreign aid first, then see if we need to have a go at the public sector.

I don't know enough about macro-economics to comment on EU; "international development" may be the long-game, I get that, but are such things a luxury we can't have right now if we can't afford law-enforcement?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices