Skip to content

General So the police are not happy with cuts Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > So the police are not happy with cuts

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

So the police are not happy with cuts

Tough ! For years they`ve had it good .Many unfit people have joined the force ( oops sorry, service ) Its looked on as a good career with nice prospects and pension .The experiences I have had with the police have not been pleasant (most reguarding motoring of which  i have been the inocent party )Happy to use health n safety to stop them dealing with dangerous situations yet quite happy to "bully" petty fines out of good law abiding people ( take a lady to court for taking a sip of water at traffic lights , booking a man for blowing his nose in a traffic que )has`nt done their image very good has it ?Their pay has been good and now times are tough they dont like being in it together with the rest of us .So thats my feelings  its not ment to be contenious just live in the real world folks !

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2012 21:08)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

But this

didn't happen overnight. I believe M & S were one of the last to stop stocking British clothes. They had to, to compete. They, and others, had to, because we the people chose to buy the cheaper clothes made elsewhere.

You can still buy British made clothes, you just can't buy 'em cheaply.

If in the beginning, companies who imported clothes were rejected by the British people, these companies would have failed. We'd still be buying British clothes.

The British didn't give a bollocks about the British textile industry.

They wanted the slavings passed onto them

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

I don’t see how

This fair deal business works either. Bit of Mankind logic, I could have it wrong, but I imagine it goes like this.

Company wants to buy some coffee. Company speaks to coffee producers for quotes. A £100, B £105, C £110 etc.

Company buys coffee from A @ £100.

Company then has a price structure – Coffee for the unconcerned £2, coffee for the concerned £2.10.

Company then goes back to producer A “Here’s £100 for the coffee, plus £10 charity from the concerned”

“Fantastic” says A. “Hang on fucking minute” says B “In that case my coffee’s £95. With my £10 charity, I can still make a profit”.

“Nice whilst it lasted says A. OK, my coffee is £90”

Producer A is now getting £100 (90 + 10), back to where he was. The concerned is still paying more than they need to. So who’s getting the £10 ? The company of course.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

makind

They wanted the slavings passed onto them quote.. Ah, Freudian slip there:winkie:

Could debate this forever.. Regardless of why outsourcing took hold, the only winners are the tax avoiding wealthy. We'll be the one's who'll suffer (as we seeing with cuts and the reduction in living standards/job losses).
Haven't you noticed how the one's who stress the need to cut costs, never see any themselves?  Council leaders?
Even the Government has admitted, we need manufacturing.
Most Chinese/Indian/Pakistani/Vietnamese et al, goods are terrible quality, from clothing to electrical.
Amstrad?  Alan Sugars way to his 770 million and a knighthood. (funny how so many people who've actually damaged this country actually recieve knighthoods) but I wonder how many of our corrupt politicians have their fingers in these companys?

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

It was a joke

I borrowed from The Simpsons.

I'm not a fan outsourcing, but if UK companies don’t do it, the foreign companies will, and the British people will buy the foreign goods. Another thumbs up to my import duties, replacing income tax suggestion.

No one wants themselves to be cut, everyone feels they should be made a special case. That’s how this thread started.

The government knows we need manufacturing, but does nothing but get in the way, or let’s the EU. Or they bone headedly subsidise crap industries, which take more out of the coffers, than they put in, whilst competing for recourses, with our good companies. Where I work, everyone has to do a health and safety test lasting 4 hours. Imagine the cost of that, multiplied throughout the country. It’s like every company has to pay the workers half a day bank holiday, which the workers have to work on. The test is basically stating the obvious, and making sure people can tie their shoe laces. Ridiculous.

Imagine wanting to start a factory here. Is must be torture getting it passed. Imagine if it was a chemical factory, it just wouldn’t be worth the hassle.

Knighthoods are bought. That’s obvious. Makes the whole institution a farce.

Corrupt politicians ? You think ? Of course they are. The cost of running for election, surpasses the wages should you win the election. Of course it’s corrupt. Most politicians, certainly most of the successful one’s, are not prioritising us, and definitely don’t give a bollocks about the future.

Their main aim is to get elected. All other considerations are secondary. Actually, milking their time in office is a close secondary.

We need to try something different.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Mankind

We'll leave it there. I agree with a lot of what you say.
Ps..I am a special case, my therapist says so.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

Thanks norris

That's makes almost one of you   :laugh:

And I agree that things are worse now, than they were when we werre kids, most of us have it pretty crappy, it's getting worse still, and things have to change, if the situation is to change.

'til next time, take care

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

Aaarrgh !!!

Just turned on the news. The NHS (you and I) is going to pay for lesbians to get artificially impregnated, and pay for surrogate mothers, and the same thing for gay couples.

So, cut back on the police 'cos we can't afford 'em, but pay for operation's for people, who don't want to have sex with the opposite gender. And presumably, pay for the kids after they're born in some cases.

Our lives are in the hands of lunatics.  

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Bump

to restore threads

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

Hey !

stick to the point why don't ya ? :lol:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

The Rich

Hello Mankind... good of you to keep this thread going, I was wondering if it would still be alive.

Cast your mind back a day or two - we were talking about the rich.  You seem to be in thrall of - overwhelmingly - these members of the lucky sperm club.  It seems as if you've been drinking A Lot of the Kool-Aid they've been passing out recently.

Far from contributing a disproportionate amount of tax, they pay - even when paying at the going rate - an incredibly low rate.  I presume you meant disproportionately high.

The rich benefit enormously from the 'commons' - the public infrastructure, as I tried to illustrate in recent posts.  How much do you personally benefit from the public upholding, at taxpayers' expense, of copyright law?   Your mate Phillip Green benefits enormously, yet pays no tax.

Green - and the other undeserving rich - do not create jobs.  You are absolutely wrong there.  The capitalist class do not create jobs, and are not wealth creators.  The only people that create wealth are those who do so through their labour.

There are entrepreneurs, workers and capitalists.  I believe you are confusing capitalists with entrepreneurs.  The entrepreneur and the worker will strike bargains which benefit each other, while serving themselves.   They also create jobs.  The capitalist does not.

Perhaps you should see the record of "Mitt" Romney with his Bane Capital to see how capitalism works these days.  Buy up a company, saddle it with the debt it took to buy it now you have a controlling interest.  Then asset strip it, take the pension fund, sell whatever's left off, and - sink or swim - you make a profit.  That's predatory capitalism.  It does not make jobs, nor benefit the country - on the contrary.

Not trying to be in the least unkind here, but why are you arguing a case for the 0.1%,  when they already have vast numbers of paid professionals doing that for them at a decent rate?  Or are you getting paid by the post for this? 

Extremely well funded think-tanks pay for this very sort of apologia for the capitalist class to be posted on social websites.  If you're not being paid for it, I'd ask them to cut you in.  You're singing from their hymn-sheet, and it would be a pity for you to be doing it with return.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices