Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

WHAT???????

That' Nuts! So much still to achieve.

Good to walk away at the absolute pinnacle whilst completely dominating!

Rossi to Repsol?

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Very surprised!!

I'm a little shocked at this being honest seeing as he is so damn good at this sport but understand and completely respect him for doing things HIS way.

There will be plenty of talk of Rossi being on a Repsol Honda but I just can not see either Rossi or Honda letting go of the un-amicable separation at the end of 2003.

Never say never mind!

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

ps

All the best to Casey in all his future endeavors.  MotoGp will miss you a great deal.

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

Stoner

It would appear that the rumor mill got it right this time. Whilst i dont subscribe to the Stoner band wagon this is definitely going to have a massive effect. He is without a doubt, one of the best and he will be missed. His decisions to quit are his alone and if he could retire as the 2012 World Champion im sure that would be the cherry on the top of an exceptional career in Moto Gp. Its going to be very interesting to read and hear all the consequent "RUMORS" as to who is going where next season. Id love to be a fly on the wall. Well done Mr Stoner. Heres to hoping you can go out on a high

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Not Stupid eh ?

Been there,done that  ( twice ) , nothing to prove, set up financially for life.

WHY NOT

Good on him for having the sense to quit

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

Fair play

Its his life and his choice, he has a family now so far play to the lad...Leave at the top...take note Rossi

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

brilliant rider

Its a real shame for MOTOGP that stoner is retiring, I dont particulary like the way he has acted to the press and other riders on occasions,but on pure riding ability he is amazing and he will go down as one of the greats brcause of his ability to tame the ducati. he is still young enough to take a break and come out of retirment in the future. I would think marquez might take his place but it would be nice for jonathon rae to be given a chance just a pity that MOTO GP has messed things up (again) by not allowing a rookie to go straight to a works team      

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Pedrosa is

One lucky boy! Gets to keep his Repsol ride for another season! It will be an all Spanish Line up from the Factory Spec Honda's if Bautista keeps his ride too. Got to give it to Stoner he tells it as it is and like anyone's career if you don't enjoy what you do any more then sometimes its best to move on. All the best! Wosidog you will always have a slanging match with the orange brigade well after Stoner's departure.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Ratchet Man

I think a few rule changes will be coming up and no doubt Honda will push for a change in the way Rookies are allowed to come through the ranks. Marquez will be on that Repsol Honda next year, no doubt in my mind what so ever!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Shocker

Very suprised at this announcement given that he rubbished retirement talk just a couple weeks back. But Like Schwantz said when the passions gone you start to notice things you never did before, and ultimately when that starts to happen either you end it or it ends it for you. I think there will be many people that will now have to realise just what a talent he is and just how he affected the championship. Clearly he is leaving at the top and best of luck to him. Must be an Australian thing, leaving at the top and leaving them all wanting more, I recall a Mr Bayliss doing the same thing to us and we still miss him !! Ha ha. Watch the freefall now of who goes where for 2013.... Too early to say but my money is on a big money approach by HRC for Lorenzo, and if he says no then Honda will not have many other options for title winning potential... Just shows you though the gap between the title crowd and the rest of the field.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices