Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Stunned!

Just as he was getting chilled out and relaxed.

All the same, totally respect his decision and the fact he has nothing left to prove, especially if he wins (very likely) this season.

He's been racing since he was a kid and the limelight doesn't suit his personality. As he says, he's not enjoying the racing so it's time to move on. New family and all that....

Best of luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

I can't believe in this.

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

Cal for Repsol!!

What a phenominal talent gone.. Guess maybe post baby and he always seemed to be a very family orientated kinda guy he might be thinking why risk my life when i already have everything i ever dreamed of and more.. all the best, im sure he'll get plenty of use out of that farm of his back home and lots of fishing! if Repsol backfil with Marquez they have no rider capable of winning the title.. i dont see pedrosa ever doing it.. unless maybe he does a criville and jams it when he has the best bike by a fricking country mile and the far superior talented team mate (Doohan) dissapears.. I say Keep up the great work Cal and GO ORANGE!!!

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

leemuz

Well Good riddance ya miserable tw@ , bottled it lol 

:lol:

Looks like you rattled the odd cage. PMSL

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Sad News

Am a big Rossi fan but have never been one of the narrow minded Stoner haters,we are losing an awesome talent with so many more years left in the tank.We should respect his decision to retire when he feels it is time, unlike some sportsmen who carry on for too long.Enjoy your new life and family Casey when you hang up the leathers.

Reply to this Topic
lc72

Jan 12

lc72 says:

casey retirement

allthough a great talent, maybe we can see a winner who actually has a peronality! but do wish him well.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

What a shame

Could not comprehend this when I read it - has Rossi signed with Repsol!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

what a shame............

..................but good luck to you casey. you've proved you are the best twice and will probably do it again this year. what a brave thing to do. go and enjoy your life with your family. shame certain others don't do the same

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

good work if you can get it.

I'll take his ride if he does'nt want it, nothing about it down the job centre.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Congrats

Congrats on your titles.. going out on his terms.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices