Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Stoner retires!!!!?????

If this comes to pass at the end of the season, it is going to be a big big loss to Moto gp, one of the biggest that it will have to endure. Hope he changes his mind before then. Seems almost unbelievable to think of Moto gp and not have Casey Stoner about! What a talent he is, the best out there, of that there's no doubt and as has been pointed out, the only one capable of riding the Desmo. Maybe he'll have a year out and then come back on the Desmo again! Now that would be something to see!! We'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

This has totally shocked to me came back from the gym checked MCN on my phone and I see this the silly season has just got interesting.

Lorenzo to Honda possibillity.

Rossi to Yamaha he might want to NH to join him there.

The rest I will leave out.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

@hedgehog 5....@nigel041

Very funny!

We havent had a voluntary out-at-the-top for a while....they nearly all stay too long. So hats off to him....he hasn't had it easy

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Does anyone know if Marc Marquez can join Repsol Honda right away? I know it was not possible last year, as any rider from moto 2 must join a sattelite team in their first year in Moto gp. But i read on god knows what site, that this is no longer the case. If the rule that a moto2 rider still has to go to Gresinni or Tech3 still stands? Then yeah i'll say it, put Cal on the RCV:-) That way Braddaz can go to Tech3 in the premier class

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

No shock

What has he really got to waste his time proving?  Some elder statesmen of the sport should  just fuck off. Open up the GP bottleneck for younger and superior tallent. Sure, Casey is still one of the youngsters,but his statement sums it up to a T. I hope Bradl has a sterling season and opens a door at Repsol. Germany owns Euro zone. Rossi to HRC ?,gimme a break !

The title chase is already shaping up as epic. Silly season even more so. Stoner was polite enough not to bluntly lump CRT as the future.. Why bother ? No explanation needed. No passion for a semi parrallel SBK/GP series.

Anyway I wish him and his the best all season long and beyond. A great character of the sport and one hell of a racer. 

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

although lossing stoner is not good news i think this could be really positive for motogp there is so much talent out there atm like marquez redding  etc and not enough competive bikes for them to ride - rossi back on a yam or honda would be awesome and i think the young guns would sell a kidney to jump on that duke i know i would and they would probaly lay it on the line more to :) massive respect to stoner tho watching him throwing that honda around is amazing to watch and will be missed

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

IcantRIDEaBIKE

Regarding Vale using the same conference to say he'll be doing another two years, he would have said this today even if Casey had not dropped this huge piece of news as Vale's bit of news is pretty common knowledge. However, brilliant time to drop a hint towards Honda all the same; but I really can not see if happening. More likely back with Yamaha as the bridges were not burnt as badly as they were with Honda. Personally, I see him remaining with Ducati. Seeing as this forum is a bit tetchy over the Vale v Casey (who is better etc) I would like to state this is not a pop at either of them or IcantRIDEaBIKE. I'm a fan of the sport and all the riders involved; my favourite rider is Vale (has been since 1996) but I have got huge respect for Casey too.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Cant believe it...

to leave a MotoGp ride and just racing in general at his age is a massive decision to make, I cant believe that is the last we will see of him. Children or no children I couldn't stop racing if I was in his position.

Will miss his highjinks and elbow scrapping, truly impressive to watch

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

Replace Dorna

Pretty scathing remarks from a multiple world champion, finally someone with the minerals to speak out about the complete hash Dorna have made of our sport.  Years of pointless rule changes and misconceived ideas that only eroded the sports competitive and developmental edge.  When you have a pathetic 11 bikes on the grid, major manufacturers pulling out and having to bolster numbers with bikes that would be OK in World Superbike its time for Dorna to be removed and some individual or organisation take over who cares about the sport more than the money.  Hopefully then we can have grids of 25+ bikes again and drop that rediculous clown name, even after 10 years MotoGP sounds embarrassing - call it what it is Motorcycle Grand Prix.  250 GP, 600 GP and 1000 GP.  Morons.  And don't get me started on Carmela Ezpeleta (Dorna's boss) trying to persuade Ducati to drop its WSBK team effort.  Rant over!

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

No wosi

They will all become big Lorenzo fans cause he'll be winning a bit like man utd fans glory sealers there called yes we all support Rossi in good days too but don't swop alegance because he's struggling

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices