Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

Bolt from the blue

Wow.  Didn't see that coming!  Still, I bet there's quite a few of us who wish we could afford a career break to spend time with our families.

I suspect its a case similar to Graeme Crosby or Mike Hailwood too.  Another high class racer who has got fed up of all the politics and posturing behind the scenes we don't get to see.  Hopefully he'll be like Mike "The Bike" and make an amazing comeback in a few years, but if not I wish him well.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Shows that moto gp is going down the shitter

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

surprised

with his decision, not a fan but all the best to you casey, very fast rider, who will get his ride?

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Wesley01

This has to be the truth.  When you've been riding the baddest ass bikes on the planet, setting lap times faster and speeds higher than any other bikes on the planet, why would you want to remain in a series whose future is bent on racing production bikes that have been hopped up like anyone else can ride at the club level?  So what if the frame is custom?  Even us mortals can take a proddy frame and alter it to make it custom.  I've done several myself for land speed efforts.

Yes, MotoGP is becoming club level racing.  Don't blame him for leaving one bit.  Sucks for us spectators.  Looks like Jorge is guaranteed to win next season unless Cal, this season, keeps getting closer to him by season's end.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Well

Sorry to say but im not exactly broken hearted....

I never could understand such complaints doing a job most of us would love to do...

I do wish him and his family well in the future....Maybe we'll see a little stoner in the future..??

But it is no great loss to my love of motogp...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Ciao Casey, king of the power slide.

Can't believe this. MotoGP is looking less likely to survive in it's current form now. Do you think Vale changed his mind about retiring himself after hearing whispers about this? Makes you wonder..

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Arm pump?

A bigger problem than they've let on so far?

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Leemuz - what a tosser.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

He may of been a moaning little bitch at times but he was our moaning little bitch. And nobody can't deny that he was a brilliant rider. He may get some of the haters off his back with this news.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

ChuppaChump

Apparently Rossi used the same press conference to reassure everybody he will race for at least 2 more years.

Hint, hint Honda!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices