Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Well

It's not just dorna I remember the outcry going to fourstroke machines Barry sheen had many an argument about rules etc the only thing I can accuse drone of is giving us boring racing always trying to please Honda thus such a gap in manufactures results

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Life's too short.

If you lose 'the will' then it's time to move on in any walk of life. A surprising statement today but a very honest one. Just like the many legends i've seen in the past, i'm also glad to have been around to see Stoner at work.

All the best for the future Casey.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Hey Wosi

Where have all the Australians gone ? Nowhere actually. Its still 2012 and you still have a couple of months to bitch and rant about Stoner.

Waiting in the wings Arthur Sissis and others from other nationalities.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

I don't see it as bad news for the sport. There's plenty of talent coming up through the ranks. The sport has much bigger issues at the moment. Dorna being the cause of all of them.

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

Bye

I was never a fan of Stoner as I think is an arrogant cock, but I do respect him as a rider etc. I really do think this is more down to his health then anything else and I think its playing on his mind. Maybe he is thinking about his riding rather than letting it flow through naturally. I think it was Sterling Moss that said "when you have to start thinking about how to drive then its time to retire. So Rossi to Tech 3, Cal to Honda and Ducati to quit MotoGP and go back to WSBK. Personally I think there are to many rules in MotoGP. If a team/manufacturer wants to spend millions and millions on racing to be the best then thats the way it should be, rather then trying to cut this and cut that etc. The dumb ass rules are killing it, in fact lets have the big bang 2 strokes back.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

evogt

i think u need to look in the mirror for an arrogant cock!!!.....he`s had a kid....if u ain`t had a kid u know fuk all.....if i was him and had the money i would stop working and spend all my time with my kids.....cos once u had children nothing else matters including racing bikes in circles!!!!...good luck casey u were a god on a bike

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

leemuz

But the change to four stroke machines was down to Dorna.

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

Classic Stoner,

"I never signed with honda at jerez 2010",

"I will not race in japan",

"The rumerous of my retirement are bollocks."

All this nonsense asside, he's won at every track and achieved his goal of racing and winning in doohan's old team, fair play. I can't see it as he's lost the will to race because he'll be out at home racing V8 utes next year.

The real reason i think is he is sick of the recent shitty european summers, and with all this rain I 100% sympathise.

Good luck to ya drifter.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Its not

a choice the lad had.

He says he`s lost the passion etc to race. When that happens you have to retire. Game over.
You can`t just summon up the will to do it. Its gone.
Good luck to him. 
He will be missed, very good to watch, and as has been said earlier its another nail in MotoGP`s coffin. I am a huge Rossi fan, but Stoner is the guy spectacularly at the front these days and is the main reason for me watching this dubious, under performing poorly ran championship. 

B.T.W. I`ve always thought the Rossi/Stoner thing on here was in the main perpetuated by only about 5 or 6 really ignorant people with little else to do with their time. 

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Sad!!! Sad!!!

A Great talent with still so much to offer the sport, he will be badly missed by the majority of TRUE racing fans, pretty sure some of the riders will be glad to see him go though and some of the arsehole's who kid themselves that they are real racing fans!!!! But anyway, hats off to him to take such a massive decision to concentrate on his family life, I wish him the best of luck.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices