Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Casey will be remembered as the best rider in the 800 era looking back on his career his best race was when he returned from his illness in 2009 at Estroil when he was riding the Ducati and finishing 2nd to Lorenzo that was the race where he proved the doubters wrong who thought he was finished as a racer.

Reply to this Topic
Desmoman916

Nov 09

Desmoman916 says:

No loss in some ways.

Brilliant rider make no mistake about that and that will be missed, but the moaning and dull personality won't be missed. Honda will no dought be signing Marquez ASAP but lets hope it dosnt end up being two Honda Spanish robots at Repsol.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

MASSIVE blow to MotoGP

and bike racing fans worldwide. I can't fault Stoner for wanting to spend more time at home with his family BUT I can be selfish and wish this wasn't true. But good luck to the lil' chap. Silly season just went into full swing. Jorge will be offered HUGE sums of money to stay at Yamaha and don't be surprised if Repsol gives Honda the green light to offer him HUGE sums to come to Honda. An all Spanish team at Honda would be a dream for Repsol like an all Italian team was a dream for Ducati. Who knows? This may even put Val at play for another factory seat at Honda or Yamaha that seem all but impossible just yesterday. Silly season has just gotten VERY silly! But I won't expect anything to actual happen before Jorge signs and makes an announcement - he's going to be the big fish in this.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Wosi

How's it feel to be damaged goods PC?

I would'nt know bud. Ask Vale.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

god i hope rossi

gets that honda......and if he don`t do what stoner is doing now it will be the end of any argument about stoner`s talent.....or then again if he don`t do it rossi followers will say it`s not the same bike as 2012 and it will have turned into a pile of shite in 2013.....uuummm sounds familiar doesn`t it??

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

simple simon

go away you despicable creature.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Lorenzo to Honda for a large sum of money, Rossi back at Yamaha?especially if e brings the rumoured coca cola money, the silly season has gone into overdrive . Good luck to Casey for walking away while still on top of his game,interesting times ahead on these pages

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

clarkson2197fsworldcouk

I take it your comment is a self serving ego boost to prove to yourself what a hero you are whilst everyone else just thinks you're a bitter and opinionated fool.

I respect Stoner for what he does on the bike and going on current form he is the class act the rest are having to follow. His post race interviews AREN'T full of whoops and hollers but when he says they have problems he's giving insights in to where the bike is being developed. I have far more respect for Stoners opinion than yours.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

Anyone.....

That says Stoner retiring is good news.....is a waste of skin, and obviously has no clue about the sport of motorcycle racing. And really has no business on this forum. Go away.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

bullshit272

go and crawl back up the dukes pipes

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle